X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with HGap results in SMRTView

Hey everyone,

I have a problem with Hgap.

The use of Hgap In SMRTPortal is fine. I run my data with this protocol (two 2 SMRTCells) and after this job has finished I want to open the metadata.rdf file to see the results of the sequencing.

BUT (here is my problem) I don't see the same results like with the protocol AlloraAssembly.

I can the the window part with the title “Genome: De Novo Assembly” - but there is no information about the number of contigs or the fine peak signs on the left and right side of each contig which shows me e.g the coverage.

The region window is empty except of the black-white-line in the upper part with informations about the length in Kb of this choosen contig.

The details windows doesn't look similar to the result of the AlloraAssembly as well but anyways here I have the possibility to see the number of matched reads, the bases in this contig and the coverage (x10; x20,...).

Does anyone have an idea why the presentation of my Hgap results differs that much from the AlloraAssembly result presentation in SMRTView? And how I might fixed this?

Or in generell... does your SMRTView presentation whith HGap also look like mine? Also a Yes or No would help to find out if this is normal or not ^^

Thanks a lot!

Btw I attached two snapShots from SMRTView (the left is with AlloraAsselmly and the right with HGap)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by AkGo; 10-16-2013, 02:21 AM. Reason: New Question

Which version of SMRT View and SMRT Portal are you using?
    I just checked a HGAP job, and it has the coverage track etc.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	HGAP.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	304314

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
      by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
      04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
    • seqadmin
      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
    0 responses