Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mRNA traces on Bioanalyzer

I know it's a discussed argument, but I'd like to have an opinion about my Bioanalyzer traces.
    I extracted total bacterial RNA from food samples, then I used the Bacteria RiboZero kit to purify from rRNA. I don't know how my total RNA looked like before the RiboZero depletion, since I didn't run it on the BioAnalyzer, but after the rRNA depletion it looked like in the BA traces attached.

The sequencing core said I can't go ahead with the library preparation… But I saw on the RiboZero website that after the purification, I should have only a peak at 100-140nt, that is what I have. I can't understand why my traces are different from what epicenter write on the website.
    Any comments about this? Does anyone has ever obtained libraries from this kind of mRNA?
    Attached Files

Hi,
    Sorry I can not answer your questions
    Could you please tell me how to print the xad file to pdf like what you did.
    Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by littlefairy View Post
      Hi,
      Sorry I can not answer your questions
      Could you please tell me how to print the xad file to pdf like what you did.
      Thanks
      On Agilent 2100 Expert software go to File>print which will open a print dialogue box. In the box under “Save To File” section tick PDF box.

Comment

That works well.
        Thanks a lot.
        Hopefully, you will solve the problem.
        By the way, my total prokaryotic RNA sample yesterday is of low RIN value, merely 6, which means RNA-seq could not be done on this samples.

Comment

Originally posted by Francy87 View Post
          I know it's a discussed argument, but I'd like to have an opinion about my Bioanalyzer traces.
          I extracted total bacterial RNA from food samples, then I used the Bacteria RiboZero kit to purify from rRNA. I don't know how my total RNA looked like before the RiboZero depletion, since I didn't run it on the BioAnalyzer, but after the rRNA depletion it looked like in the BA traces attached.

The sequencing core said I can't go ahead with the library preparation… But I saw on the RiboZero website that after the purification, I should have only a peak at 100-140nt, that is what I have. I can't understand why my traces are different from what epicenter write on the website.
          --
          Phillip
          Any comments about this? Does anyone has ever obtained libraries from this kind of mRNA?
          Pico chips are very sensitive. So the lack of any visible mRNA makes it seem like nearly all of your sample was lost and/or degraded during purification.

Comment

I agree that it looks like your RNA is degraded. It would be a good idea to check your samples on the BA (or by agarose gel) before starting the depletion to determine if the problem arose from your samples or the rRNA depletion process. It is always a good idea to assess the quality of your starting material before starting purification and library prep.

If these are very precious samples you might still be able to make libraries from them, but you should probably skip fragmentation and possibly modify bead cleanup steps to retain smaller products.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
              by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
              03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
            • seqadmin
              Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
              by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
              Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
              03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
            0 responses