Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ion Torrent Protocol?

I've been searching on the web and haven't been able to find an ion torrent protocol, let alone any details about the prep process. Other than it requires emPCR, I can't find much else.

Can anyone help me out??

Thanks

The Ion Torrent online store has a bit of information you might find helpful:
    Researchers use Applied Biosystems integrated systems for sequencing, flow cytometry, and real-time, digital and end point PCR—from sample prep to data analysis.

Comment

http://www.iontorrent.com/the-simple...ing-chemistry/ some basic chemistry and if you navigate round the site there are more info but its still very vague.

Comment

Hi there,

I'd recommend registering for the Ion Community. Certain sections are only accessible by customers but the first area that you reach as a general user contains several videos that I think you would find informative, including a technology webinar and a customer presentation.

Best regards,
        Jason Affourtit

Director, Field Applications Support
        Ion Torrent

Comment

Thank you Jason. Ion Community is definitely a helpful tool. It answered many questions I still had.

Comment

Originally posted by PersianExcurzion View Post
            Thank you Jason. Ion Community is definitely a helpful tool. It answered many questions I still had.
            You're quite welcome! We (and our customers) are adding material every day so please do check back!

Best regards,
            Jason

Director, Field Applications Support
            Ion Torrent

Comment

I tried to register in Ion Community, but I still don't see anything useful. In the section "Documents", there is only 3 pdf available, with only some general information. Is there anything more detailed which is available for non-customers? (overall, it looks quite scant for all sections: "Discussions" - 0, "Blog Posts" - 0, etc. Ok, videos are nice - but it is nothing to have with protocol)

Comment

Originally posted by aushev View Post
                I tried to register in Ion Community, but I still don't see anything useful. In the section "Documents", there is only 3 pdf available, with only some general information. Is there anything more detailed which is available for non-customers? (overall, it looks quite scant for all sections: "Discussions" - 0, "Blog Posts" - 0, etc. Ok, videos are nice - but it is nothing to have with protocol)
                Hi aushev,

Certain portions of the site are limited to current PGM customers, including User Guides. If you're a customer and have not yet been granted full access please let us know and we'll take care of that right away.

Comment

thanks for the answer, but I am not the customer yet - I simply would like to know more in advance.
                  (To tell the truth, I see absolutely no sense in this kind of limitation of access to User Guides, if it is not top secret - finally, I can ask some colleagues who are already customers, to send it to me - it will just take more time)

Comment

If only there were a non-restricted community of NGS users where people could share protocols....

Maybe someday...

Comment

Originally posted by IonTorrent View Post
                      Hi aushev,

Certain portions of the site are limited to current PGM customers, including User Guides. If you're a customer and have not yet been granted full access please let us know and we'll take care of that right away.
                      Does anyone disagree with me that such a policy is stunningly shortsighted? Today's browsers are tomorrow's customers.

Comment

You know I actually talked with Jonathan Rothberg at AGBT 2010, when the ion torrent was first being announced and unless I am misremembering the whole ethos of the company was going to be tinkerer-friendly towards reagents and code, with the major focus of the company being set on the selling of the chips. I can understand Life Tech (as formerly ABI) being all about the proprietarization (is that a word?) but you know if you really want the envelope pushed with your tech you need to let people start messing with it.

Comment

Ion Community Home>Polls>Useful information release
                          Voting starts on May 9, 2011 12:00 AM

What would be the most useful information to be posted on the Ion Community?
                          Vote now: choose one
                          1. Simplicity! Releasing the protocols for the kits will show how simple the entire process is.
                          2. Science! Releasing the protocols for the kits will help develop more scientific applications of the PGM.
                          3. Speed! Releasing the protocols for the kits will show how quickly I can get from sample to data.
                          4. Data produced by the PGM! Showing how well the PGM sequences will support purchases.
                          5. Nothing! Keeping information behind closed doors doesn't build a community

Comment

Originally posted by epistatic View Post
                            Ion Community Home>Polls>Useful information release
                            Voting starts on May 9, 2011 12:00 AM

What would be the most useful information to be posted on the Ion Community?
                            Vote now: choose one
                            1. Simplicity! Releasing the protocols for the kits will show how simple the entire process is.
                            2. Science! Releasing the protocols for the kits will help develop more scientific applications of the PGM.
                            3. Speed! Releasing the protocols for the kits will show how quickly I can get from sample to data.
                            4. Data produced by the PGM! Showing how well the PGM sequences will support purchases.
                            5. Nothing! Keeping information behind closed doors doesn't build a community
                            Admirable next step, pretty funny that there is no option for ALL.

Comment

same here ...

I also would love to have the ionTorrent emPCR - moslty to compare methods and get an idea of what it really involves, equipment needed ... Anyway, I leave my e-mail address here in case someone can help with the protocol? [email protected]
                              THANKS

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                              • seqadmin
                                Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post seqadmin  
                              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                              0 responses