No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finding gene from scaffolds, no annotation available

Hello,

I have all scaffolds of a bird genome from Illumina sequencing platform, I blast it against chicken genome to find the genes. Since there are millions of scaffolds it takes too long to find and visualize the genes with Geneious Pro software, The annotation file for chicken is available but not for my bird of interest (we have only scaffolds and contigs).
    I appreciate if anyone can help me to find a very fast computational way for finding genes.

Thanks

Try Geneious Support and UserForum

The support and development team at Biomatters can help you... post on the Geneious User Forum and email [email protected] with your intended workflow...I'll give it a go and let you know what I come up with...

Comment

Hi 1bioinfo,

You may predict genes first in your contigs (http://www.cbcb.umd.edu/research/genefinding.shtml), and then use other tools (blast2go or blastx or iprscan) to annotate them. For a project of your size, it will involve tons of efforts...

Best regards,
      Douglas

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
      • seqadmin
        Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
        by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
        Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
        03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
      0 responses