Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discussion about MIRA hybrid assembly of 454 reads with Illumina unpaired data

I got a 454 file named as Read.454.fasta and another two more file named as Illumina_unpaired_read.solexa.fasta and Illumina_unpaired_read.solexa.fasta.qual
    How should I do or type to let the MIRA program to the hybrid assembly of these 454 reads with Illumina reads.
    I got read the this manual:

Unfortunately, it can't help me a lot to solve my problem.
    Thanks a lot for all of your help and explanation. Kindly told me if I still need other extra info_file for MIRA to run properly.
    Thanks again

I feel a bit confusing by using MIRA's "De-novo hybrid assemblies".
    For example, I got a bacteria genome which sequencing by 454 technique and Illumina technique separately.
    After run 454 reads by using MIRA and BAMBUS, I extract the longest scaffold and treat it as a backbone. I hope that I able to polish this longest scaffold by using Illumina reads to get better assembly result.
    I just confusing how to use MIRA to polish my longest scaffold and get better assembly result.
    Thanks again for everybody.
    Hope that who experience or familiar at MIRA can help me solve my troubles.
    Kindly to remind me if I have done any mistakes when deal with MIRA to De-novo hybrid assemblies.

Comment

I also try to assemble a relatively small bacteria genome by using de-novo hybrid assembly (454 and Illumina). Unfortunately it seems that the program (or the computer) is overloaded with 3.5 mio reads (Illumina - 36bp each) and 45.000 reads of 454. Normally the computer works well, so I am searching for the mistake. What can I do? Any ideas?
      Thanks in advance,
      Mira

Comment

What is "overloaded", what is "normally" and what is "the computer"? This is not very specific for troubleshooting ;-)

Sven

Comment

Thank you for the quick reply
          I have a computer running with linux (64 bit), 4 GB RAM and additionally 8 GB SWAP. It took less than 24 hours with 1.6 million reads of illumina and 47.000 of 454. I guess the processing time mainly depends on the number of illumina reads. Maybe I am a bit impatient. I am really looking forward to the results. Do you have any idea how long it will take with the same amount of 454 reads, but approx. the double amount of illumina reads?

Comment

Hey,

now I have the answer. It took appr. 3 days.

Anyway, thanks a lot.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
              by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
              03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
            • seqadmin
              Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
              by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
              Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
              03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
            0 responses