Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PacBio AHA hybrid assembler

Anybody out there with experience on how to run the PacBio AHA hybrid de novo assembler? I just downloaded the PacBio SMRT-pipeline software and I just cannot find any instructions on how to do it. I read all the READMEs, "index.htlm" and PDFs on the package.
    I want to do an Illumina/ PacBio assembly of a bacterial genome.

Thanks!
    AlLo

OK, I dislike answering my own posts but this info may be important to others. The instructions for the SMRT-pipeline are in a document appropriately entitled “SMRT Pipe Reference Guide” on the Algorithms page at the PacBio DevNet website http://www.pacbiodevnet.com/Algorithms. The instructions on how to write the XML files that the pipeline requires are not for Biologists . If you have experience with XML or writing HTML you can do it. I come from the Bio world and it took me four tries to get the pipeline to run. I used the default parameters from the ‘longreads’ example but I would love to have a better explanation for some of these values . I guess I’ll have to play with them and learn from the results although this could get very time consuming. Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by allo View Post
      OK, I dislike answering my own posts but this info may be important to others. http://www.pacbiodevnet.com/Algorithms.
      Indeed, keep answering your own post if you have figure out the solution. It help others. Its easy for me to do a quick search on seqanswers rather than searching bunch of pacbio pages. Thanks.

Comment

XML files for AHA

HI,

I have SMRTanalysis pipeline installed but struggling to get it running correctly. I guess some error with XML files creation.

Can you please provide any pointers regarding this or post xml files that worked for you.

Thanks
        Sagar

Comment

Sagar,

Do you have the web interface for SMRTanalysis installed? If you do then try running the test data set analysis through that interface and check if it completes successfully. If it does (it should, if you have things correctly installed) then grab the XML file from that run as a working example.

We had spent some time on trying to get the command line PacBio tools to work (albeit a year or so ago) but could never get them to work right. We finally gave up on that effort and switched to using the web interface.

Perhaps the disconnect between the web based SMRTanalysis and the command line tools is still there in the latest version. If I have time I will try to check on that.

Comment

Have a look at the xml files in the installation here /opt/smrtanalysis/common/protocols/ (or $SEYMOUR_HOME/common/protocols/), especially RS_AHA_Scaffolding.1.xml. See also my answer at this thread: http://seqanswers.com/forums/showpos...27&postcount=2

Comment

Hi everyone,
              I am trying AHA for scaffolding the contigs assmbled from illumina reads,the P_filter moudule runs well,but when run HybridAssembly module , an error "invalid literal for int() with base 10: ' ' ",it seems like it's a problem relates with python. By the way,i am using smrtPipe v2.0.1 on ubuntu 10.04.
              can any body help?thanks.

Comment

Hi zhoufan,

It seems like formatting issues with your contig assembly. Are you transferring these files between windows and linux? That might be the issue. Another way is to format your assembly with FASTX toolkit - FASTA Formatter (http://hannonlab.cshl.edu/fastx_tool...mmandline.html).

Also, make sure your fasta headers are kept at minimum length and does not have special characters.

I am not sure if this will work, but worth trying.

Thanks

Comment

Also you should look at the thread
                  http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthr...7090#post97090 and reply #21 onwards.

Comment

Hi sagarutturkar,
                    Thanks for your help! The problem is there have space in the fatsta header.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                    • seqadmin
                      Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                      by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                      Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                      03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post seqadmin  
                    Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
                    0 responses