SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > Epigenetics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
repeating chipseq or chipseq with another antibody hawainpanda Sample Prep / Library Generation 2 03-12-2015 03:56 PM
Picking single cells with CellSorter (FACS in a petridish) machine? Simone78 Sample Prep / Library Generation 18 11-13-2014 01:01 AM
ChIPseq - how to qc the results ? memento Illumina/Solexa 0 03-06-2014 09:46 AM
Indexing ChIPseq libraries using Illumina's TruSeq and ChIPseq kits Alex Clop Epigenetics 6 11-08-2012 11:07 AM
FACS sorting chromosomes? k-gun12 General 0 03-19-2011 07:48 AM

Old 08-11-2014, 02:42 AM   #1
friedrim

Default ChIPSeq after FACS

Dear all,
I need to perform ChIPSeq on a subpopulation of my neuroblastoma cell line. However, I am worried that the FACS will compromise the integrity of DNA protein interactions. I am going to look at chromatin marks as well as transcription factor myc.
Does anyone have experience with this topic? What nozzle size and pressure do you use for cell sorting? In our facility, we have an Aria I machine, and I would like to use a 85M nozzle.
Did anyone try and do the crosslinking before vs after the cell sorting?

Many thanks for any comments.
Mona
friedrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 02:51 AM   #2
dpryan
Devon Ryan

If you don't get any good responses then you might contact Stephan Bonn (though do read through some of his papers to see if the info you need happens to be in there). His group uses FACS sorting of nuclei to purify cell subpopulations from the brain prior to ChIPseq and have had good success. I expect they've done whole cell FACS as well.
dpryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 07:37 AM   #3
shldbcrzy1

Friedrim,

I am planning to run an expt similar to the one that you described (with specific neuronal population) and will fix samples before FACS. Did you get an answer to your question as to the integrity of the DNA interactions ?
shldbcrzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 12:21 AM   #4
friedrim

Hi, sorry, but I didnt continue this particular experiment since it turned out to be too difficult to collect enough cells for ChipSeq. Good luck for you!
friedrim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chipseq, facs