This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everybody !
    i am a scientist working at UC san francisco. My projects involve solexa sequencing of genes on mental development disorders. i am glad to join the community and hope to help each other.

Comment

Hi, I am Andrea and I work in Rome (Italy) in the Microarrays Laboratory of Children's Hospital Bambino Gesù. We are involved in several mRNA and microRNA profiling experiments and we are beginning to analyze the first NGS data with open-source software/tools.
      Data are coming from service providers, but we are planning in a near future to buy also the analyzer.

We are beginners but we learn rapidly!! ...with your help of course.
      Kind regards.

Comment

Hi there

Greetings, this is Veer from India, I am working on Variation, miRNa and ChIP-Seq analysis using mostly Solexa short reads. Looking forward to some interesting discussions on NGS

Comment

hello everyone,
          I am GM from China. I've just started working with Roche 454 shortgun sequence for identification of SNPs. I hope help others and get help.

Cheers,
          GM

Comment

hi all.

am atul from india working working as a Bioinformatics analyst in OcimumBiosolutions,
            am looking for NGS data analysis basically de novo seq. assembly .

regards.
            Atul

Comment

Greetings,

I did a post doc working on microarray development for recently sequenced non-model species and selective coding sequence capture methods for microarray hybridization and next-gen transcriptome sequencing. Then I worked in a couple of CT biotech companies on a selective sequence capture/exon enrichment method and on a new semiconductor based next-gen DNA sequencing method.

Cheers!

TAC
              Last edited by epistatic; 09-01-2010, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Introduction from Japan

Hi all,

I am Hiro Mishima, and a research fellow at Department of Human Genetics, Nagasaki University, Nagasaki, Japan. I am working on a project of resequencing/sequence-capturing of human genome using Illumina/SOLEXA and Roche/454 systems. I am also working on scripting in the Ruby language for data processing.

I am happy if I can give and find ideas and hints about next-gen sequencing technologies.

Thanks,
                Hiro

Comment

Hi,
                  I'm chen, from shenzhen,China. Now I am mostly working the experimental part of the solexa libraries. I am glad to join the community and hope we can help each other.

Besh wishes!
                  chen
                  Cheers,
                  Tanya

Comment

Hi, I am Arjen, working in Nijmegen (the Netherlands). Primary interest is to find ways to introduce NGS in diagnostics, especially oncogenetics. We have a SOLiD and a 454.

Comment

Hello SEQers

Hi, I work at Lucigen developing library construction technologies for sequencing (Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 74:4164-4174 [2008]). Will be attending the Next Gen Seq meeting in RI next week if anyone wants to meet.
                      Cheers,
                      David Mead

Comment

"node" from BGI Shenzhen,China

Hi,

This is node from BGI Shenzhen,China.

And my work refers to:
                        IT development in Bioinformatics ;
                        Data visualization;
                        Comparative genomics;
                        Short reads assembly using solexa reads and next-gen sequencing tech's reads.
                        Another developer ! Focus on Bioinformatics,Internet,Math :0 with URL yangzt.com and vbio.info

Comment

Hi

Hi everyone..

My name is Naveen, I finished my post graduation in Bio-informatics.
                          I am very new to sequencing.. eager to learn more about it

Comment

Hi

Hi guys,

I work in the academia. My area of focus is analysis of short reads of SBS sequencing using Illumina GAI-II. I am experienced with the old-generation MPSS & 454. Most of my job is bioinformatics application development for understanding expression data. Good to be here.

Spade

Comment

Re:Swing by and introduce yourself!

Hi Everyone,

Well,I stop here to say big Hello to each and every member of this community.My name is Marry from California want to share my ideas and knowledge with others.I am happy if some one from this community want to communicate with me on general issues.

Thanks

Comment

Gotta say I'm pretty excited to have such a great resource available, I have already found some very useful stuff on here. I'm a new grad student at the University of British Columbia which is in Vancouver Canada. I'm going to be using some Illumina data to do some awesome science... I hope.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM
                                • seqadmin
                                  The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
                                  by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
                                  02-26-2024, 02:07 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by seqadmin, 03-14-2024, 06:13 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seqadmin  
                                Started by seqadmin, 03-08-2024, 08:03 AM
                                0 responses