SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Sequencing Technologies/Companies > Illumina/Solexa

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Map to miRBase Palgrave Bioinformatics 7 04-14-2015 06:48 AM
miRNA mapping using BOWTIE staylor Bioinformatics 31 06-10-2013 10:44 AM
GATK to discover Single Nucleotide Variation in mature miRNA from miRNA-Seq Bioinfo83 Bioinformatics 0 01-31-2012 05:11 AM
miRNA-Seq with samples that have different % miRNA to Total RNA... DrDTonge Bioinformatics 0 01-13-2012 12:20 AM
multiple mapping in miRNA sequencing jay2008 Bioinformatics 1 10-11-2010 12:52 AM

Old 02-28-2010, 04:29 PM   #1
hrajasim

Default miRNA-seq - mapping to MIRBASE

Hi Folks,

I am am trying to analyze the first set of miRNA reads. We did a 36 base single reads with adaptors of size upto 14 bases. I aligned the 22 bases against the reference genome. This went OK - but makes little sense for miRNAs.

Now, I am running into several issues w.r.t. aligning the 22 base reads against the miRBase. But I hear that this is being done routinely for miRNAs.
I have the miRBase .fa files squashed and created the genome_size.xml file using the squashGenome command. However, when I try to run the cmd runRNA, I get the message "not a recognized reference genome..."

Could someone point me to detailed instructions on how to map, count, classify miRNA as known miRNA, non-coding, etc?

Has anyone tried miRTools http://centre.bioinformatics.zj.cn/mirtools/ ? culd you share your experiences, tips, tricks?

Thanks,
Harsha
hrajasim is offline   Reply With Quote