No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pooling of Nextera and NexteraXT libraries

Hey all,

So i was thinking, can you actually pool both nextera and nexteraXT prepd libraries on the same cycling run?
    I mean theoretically, this should be possible since both kits use the same indices and adapters (correct me if im wrong please ).
    I think the only difference is that the NexteraXT is tailored for lower input and that is it - am i correct?

Let me know what you think. Im leaning towards trying it out this week.
    Best,
    EXo

Hi,
    Since i don't use the beads normalization step in Nextera XT, I follow like a Nextera protocol. The difference its correlated with the genome complexity and size, p ex: Human genomes vs small and amplicons. And input sample.

Comment

Yea, I also skip the beads normalization step in the NexteraXT protocol. But would pooling of library A (done with Nextera) and library B (done with NexteraXT) on the same seqeuncing run effect the demultiplexing of the run? Since in the sample sheet you have to chose either Nextera or xt..

Comment

Several times I pooled Nextera and Nextera XT libraries and didn´t have any problem, but in both cases I started from full-length cDNA derived from single cells.

Comment

There's no problem with sample sheet, my last run I had 2 16S experiment and 2 regular nextera xt experiment, and I put everything like a Nextera XT assay.
          In the end the only important thing its molarity.
          This is the way I think..... if I'm not correct just say!

Comment

Alright, perfect thanks for the input!

Comment

[QUOTE=exo;132982]
              I mean theoretically, this should be possible since both kits use the same indices and adapters (correct me if im wrong please ).

I may be misreading your statement, but I don't think Nextera kit and Nextera XT index are interchangeable. They are different! I mistakenly once used Nextera's and Miseq failed even to start the 1st cycle of the run!
              Otherwise, if libraries were prepared using appropriate index, I think they can be part of the same run.

Comment

If you prepare your library with Nextera sample prep kit+ Nextera index kit (or the XT sample prep kit + XT index kit) and THEN you pool the samples there is absolutely no problem, at least on a HiSeq 2000.

Comment

Alright perfect, and that would not interfere with the adaptor trimming option on the MiSeq right? Assuming that i select "nextera" in my sample sheet.

Comment

Originally posted by exo View Post
                    Alright perfect, and that would not interfere with the adaptor trimming option on the MiSeq right? Assuming that i select "nextera" in my sample sheet.
                    I would recommend you then to choose "Generate FASTQ" workflow and analyze data using a third-party software by yourself.
                    I have a small experience with CLC Genomic Workbench and on it I manually enter adapter sequences to be used later on when trimming my sequences. I want to point out that I have never pooled both libraries together, so if you try it, please share your experience with us.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                    • seqadmin
                      Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                      by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                      Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                      03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post seqadmin  
                    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                    0 responses