SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Sequencing Technologies/Companies > Illumina/Solexa

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How do aligners deal with ambiguous bases? luc Bioinformatics 0 10-05-2016 04:59 PM
Ambiguous bases should not be more than total 10% length or more than 14n's in a row. papori Bioinformatics 8 08-20-2014 11:59 PM
mapper which work with ambiguous bases dietmar13 Bioinformatics 2 10-30-2013 11:59 AM
Ambiguous bases vs mismatches in Tophat ameyer Bioinformatics 0 10-01-2012 09:59 AM
IUPAC ambiguous bases in vcf file? sdvie Bioinformatics 0 07-04-2012 01:47 AM

Old 01-15-2018, 01:40 PM   #1
roliwilhelm

Default Calling Ambiguous Bases with Read Mapping

Hi There,

I've used MeGAMerge to merge two assemblies of the same data (https://github.com/LANL-Bioinformatics/MeGAMerge), but merging has produced many ambiguous bases. I have good read coverage, so I'd like to use read mapping to call the ambiguous bases (likely SNPs) based on majority rules. Can someone recommend a strategy for this? I've written a script to identify the location of all ambiguous bases and use 'samtools view' to grab all the reads that map to that location, and I could write a script to parse those reads at that specific position, but I hesitate because I'm sure someone has already solved this problem.

p.s. I've use pilon's fix '--amb' function, which should have done the trick, but the output is identical to my input. (https://github.com/broadinstitute/pilon/wiki)

Thanks in advance,
Roli
roliwilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote