Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah Ofcourse. Was confused by the separate alignment files.
    Thanks.

Comment

In my case, when I was running

$ python makeWindows.py --inputVarFile 1.txt --windowFileFrefix sample.realign_windows--numWindowsPerFile 1000

it says I should specify --windowFilePrefix
      why? how to solve this problem?

Comment

Please ignore my message, problem solved!

Comment

Problems installing dindel

Can somebody help?
          Executing make produces this list of warnings and errors
          (I had to edit the messages to remove the smilies...)

###########################################
          make
          g++ -o dindel -I/home/aoschmitt/Desktop/samtools-0.1.14/ -Iseqan_library/ -I./ -Wno-deprecated -O3 DInDel.o HapBlock.o HaplotypeDistribution.o ObservationModelFB.o GetCandidates.o Faster.o -L/home/aoschmitt/Desktop/samtools-0.1.14/ -lbam -lz -lboost_program_options -static
          /usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.4.3/../../../../lib/libbam.a(knetfile.o): In function `socket_connect':
          (.text+0xa8d): warning: Using 'getaddrinfo' in statically linked applications requires at runtime the shared libraries from the glibc version used for linking
          DInDel.o : In function `T.12415':
          DInDel.cpp: (.text+0x9c2b): undefined reference to `boost :: program_options::validation_error::validation_error(boost: rogram_options::validation_error::kind_t, std::basic_string char

[......]

DInDel.o InDel.cpp .text+0x26f05): more undefined references to `boost: rogram_options: options_description: ptions_description(std::basic_string char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator char const&, unsigned int, unsigned int)' follow
          collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
          Last edited by aos; 03-25-2011, 05:28 AM.

Comment

Hello everyone,
            I have problems with the very first step of Dindel. I mean, I should give it my "raw" bam files, right? Not merged, not realigned, just sorted.
            so, what I actually do is:
            dindel --ref ref.fa --outputFile sample.dindel_output --analysis getCIGARindels --region region.interval_list --bamFile sample.bam

and what I got is Error parsing input options. Usage: plus the complete list of options and commands. Where's my mistake?

Thanks in advance,

Francesco
            wherever you go, whatever you do, always bring a bioinformatic with you

Comment

Here is my commands used

#####################
              ## GB1G
              mkdir /data/lshen/sv/yeast2/w303/dindel_GB1G_101
              cd /data/lshen/sv/yeast2/w303/dindel_GB1G_101

/home/lshen/bio/dindel-1.01/dindel-1.01 --analysis getCIGARindels --minCount 5 --bamFile ../novo_GB1G_recal_w303a.bam --outputFile novo_GB1G_recal_w303a.dindel_output_minCount5 --ref /data/lshen/sv/yeast/w303.fa

/home/lshen/bio/dindel-0.12/makeWindows.py --inputVarFile novo_GB1G_recal_w303a.dindel_output.variants.txt --windowFilePrefix novo_GB1G_recal_w303a.dindel_output.realign_windows --numWindowsPerFile 5000

nohup /home/lshen/bio/dindel-1.01/dindel-1.01 --analysis indels --doDiploid --bamFile ../novo_GB1G_recal_w303a.bam --ref /data/lshen/sv/yeast/w303.fa --varFile novo_GB1G_recal_w303a.dindel_output.realign_windows.1.txt --libFile novo_GB1G_recal_w303a.dindel_output.libraries.txt --outputFile novo_GB1G_recal_w303a.dindel_stage2_output_windows.1 &

# create glf.list.GB1G.w303.txt:

novo_GB1G_recal_w303a.dindel_stage2_output_windows.1.glf.txt
              novo_GB1G_recal_w303a.dindel_stage2_output_windows.2.glf.txt
              novo_GB1G_recal_w303a.dindel_stage2_output_windows.3.glf.txt

/home/lshen/bio/dindel-1.01/mergeOutputDiploid.py --inputFiles glf.list.GB1G.w303.txt --outputFile novo_GB1G_w303a_recal.dindel101_all.vcf --refFile=/data/lshen/sv/yeast/w303.fa -s GB1G -f 5

wc -l novo_GB1G_w303a_recal.dindel101_all.vcf

Comment

Hi lshen, and thank you very much for you help
                I just tried that, and doesn't work. I tried also to cancel the "minCount" option and...nothing. In addiction, in the usage it says that with "--analysis getCIGARindels" the region is required too... putting it or not doesn't make any difference...in the sense that it just doesn't work.
                Any hints?

Comment

Just tried again the first command, and no problem. I used novoalign for SAM and generated BAM. Did you tried some example BAM files?

/home/lshen/bio/dindel-1.01/dindel-1.01 --analysis getCIGARindels --minCount 5 --bamFile ../novo_GB1G_recal_w303a.bam --outputFile novo_GB1G_recal_w303a.dindel_output_minCount5 --ref /data/lshen/sv/yeast/w303.fa

## some output:

Reading BAM file: ../novo_GB1G_recal_w303a.bam
                  Parsing indels from CIGAR strings...
                  Number of reads read: 1000000
                  Wrote indels in CIGARS for target chr10 to file novo_GB1G_recal_w303a.dindel_output_minCount5

Comment

Thank you again lshen Just tried that again, but nothing happens (except the usage commands mistycally appearing soon after I enter the command line ). don't really know what to do...

Comment

@francesconea Were you able to find solution for your problem ? I tried running dindel and ran into the same problem.

Thanks

Comment

Now that GATK now has implemented dindel in its UnifiedGenotyper, maybe it's easier to just shift to GATK. It needs some time to get familiar with the (too) powerful GATK, but it is really worthy of trying out.
                        Last edited by lshen; 10-11-2011, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Thanks Ishen, will look into GATK.

BTW, for future reference here is the fix for the Dindel problem.

Comment

For those getting the "Error parsing input options." with dindel v1.01, downloading the older version of dindel solves the problem (version 0.12).

This version is not available on the dindel webpage, but can be found here as dindel-0.12.tar.gz: https://sites.google.com/site/keesalbers/soft/dindel

This package does not require any installation, so you only need to unzip the tarball and execute stage1 with:
                            ./dindel_x86-64 --analysis getCIGARindels --bamFile <input BAM> --outputFile <output prefix> --ref <path to reference fasta>

Comment

But I think the outputs are quite different between these 2 versions and actually some distance from being interchangeable.

Comment

Solution to &quot;Error parsing input options&quot; in dindel

I can second evani on the link (http://openwetware.org/wiki/User:Lin...MR915/20101124), that got the first run of dindel working for me, the decisive part being:
                                "fixed the bug by changing "bamFiles" to "bamList" in /usr/local/package/dindel-1.01-src/DInDel.cpp (seems to be a bug in BOOST http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2006/01/98811.php )"
                                After that, you still have to re-make from the source files and then the first run of dindel worked for me.

But I still got the same error for the second run of dindel. So, I now just switched over to the pre-compiled binary, that is available for download on the dindel website, and it all works!
                                Last edited by david_2012; 07-16-2012, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                  Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                                  by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                                  04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                                • seqadmin
                                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seqadmin  
                                Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                                0 responses