SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > RNA Sequencing

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Blast Results GO Mapping milo0615 Bioinformatics 1 11-20-2013 06:43 AM
Tophat mapping Results figo1019 Illumina/Solexa 1 01-25-2013 08:54 AM
How two compare two assembly results? (not assembly tools) strob Bioinformatics 4 04-25-2012 05:10 AM
Very Bad Mapping Results with several mapping softwares xquan Bioinformatics 13 05-22-2011 11:31 PM
results of mapping dmborek Illumina/Solexa 0 01-31-2011 09:24 PM

Old 08-22-2017, 02:34 AM   #1
katiadt

Default assembly vs mapping results

Hi guys, I performed RNA-seq analysis of bacterial transcriptome in four different stressed conditions, mapping the reads on its own genome available in NCBI. Then I used FeatureCounts for reads counting and finally I performed differential analysis with NOISeq R package, because of the absence of replicates.
Before that, my tutor submitted the analysis to a famous company requiring a de novo assembly (they used the trinity pipeline for assembly and differential analysis).
I used the same fastq files, and finally I found a larger number of DE genes, but my results are the opposite of company's results. How is it possible? I know that mapping is better than assembly when a reference genome is available and above all I know that the trinity pipeline have some problems for differential analysis, because it uses DESeq or edgeR after quantification by RSEM.
What do you think about?
katiadt is offline   Reply With Quote