Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RNA-seq to detect expressed SNPs

Hi, I'm new to the sequencing world and have a few questions regarding a project I'm starting to look for expressed SNPs.

In order to maximise the number of SNPs sequenced I'm thinking about looking at pre-mRNAs, so currently I'm performing nuclear fractionation. My question is whether it would be better to do a ribosomal depletion (Invitrogen ribominus kit) or polyA selection? Has anyone had positive/negative experiences with these protocols and how easy is it to call SNPs from libraries prepared this way?

Any advice/comments would be greatly appreciated!

~Mel

You might look at Illumina's new DSN protocol as yet another way to deplete total RNA of highly abundant RNAs such as rRNA.

It will be interesting to see how much more allele-specific transcription you can detect vs. existing papers which have looked for such using just mRNA

Comment

There was this recent webinar from Illumina (Schroth and Shujon) about rna-seq and they mentioned 3 approaches. If you can find that webinar archived. Here is same/similar that I found:
      An Illumina-Demonstrated Method for Sequencing the Complete Transcriptome

sm
      --
      bioinfosm

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
        by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
        04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
      • seqadmin
        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
      0 responses