No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP: GO analysis of non-natively supported organism using R package goseq

Hi,all
    i am trying to perform GO analysis with goseq, but the organism in my work is not natively supported by the package and i am either not able to get myself understood the steps in the package manual.

so i post here to see if anyone who happens to know the analysis procedures for non-natively supported organism using goseq. any helps about other softwares or packages for go analysis are appreciated.

thanks

Hi.
    You may want to try the Bioconductor mailing list if you have not already and ask there.

If you don't find an answer. You could find all orthologs between your genes and a model species (one that is supported by GOseq). Then for each ortholog found, categorised as being differentially expressed or not based on your data and then use GOseq.

A simple reciprocal best hit approach using BLAST will find orthologs.

Of course, others may have better/convenient solutions.

Good luck,

Cheers,

John.

Comment

Thanks for your reply, John.
      Actually, i have obtain the GO identifiers corresponding to my genes/transcripts. The issue i have met is that i do not completely understand the basic principles of GO analysis using goseq and as a result of that i am not able to generate the data structures needed for the package.

As to the orthologs, actually i have checked that and found that it seemed that there is no orthologs of my organism in the supported list of goseq.

The alternative i am considering about is writing my own scripts base on the principles of GO analysis if there is no tools suit for my work, but i am a newer of GO analysis and so it may take much time.

Comment

bad nullp plots for pwf

Hi John,
        I was using GOseq for a non-model species, inspired by your comments. I was using length generated from scratch and also I want to import the best hits of Arabidopsis. I was using nullp to generate a pwf however, I found that the fitting curve is bad, as there are only 8 points showing on the nullp plots. However, in the Goseq manual, the curve fit well with many points. Also the manual showed that there are about 300 gene bins, yet my plot has 6100 gene bins.

Is there any idea in terms of why this happens? Also any thoughts on how to change parameters to fix this?

Thanks.

Looking forward to the reply.

AliceRNA

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
          by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
          04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
        • seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
        0 responses