SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Introductions

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pippin Prep for size selection = win captainentropy Sample Prep / Library Generation 46 01-21-2016 10:00 AM
Illumina TruSeq ChIP Library Prep Size Selection kate0007 Sample Prep / Library Generation 1 04-23-2013 12:55 AM
Size-selection of TruSeq DNA library ageneheo Sample Prep / Library Generation 2 12-03-2012 08:15 AM
Size-selection problem with ChIPseq-prep on Beckman SPRIworks mgravina Illumina/Solexa 2 11-17-2011 09:09 AM
Making the TruSeq RNA-sample prep kit go further? James Sample Prep / Library Generation 3 06-20-2011 10:46 AM

Old 05-09-2013, 09:38 AM   #1
alphy

Default TruSeq ChIP sample Prep - size selection using Blue pippen

Has anyone used Blue Pippen to do size selection after adapter ligation. I want to know what size range do you choose. I have done the size selection after the PCR amplification but I want to try to do the size selection before the PCR reaction.
alphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:48 AM   #2
Chris Boles

Default Pippin Prep help on ChIP-seq applications

Dear Alphy,

I would be happy to try and find a Pippin Prep customer with experience in ChIP-seq, who might be able to help you with those settings. Please send a private message to me (via my SEQanswers profile) with your email address. (I don't want to publish private customer email addresses here.)

Our customers who perform size selection on Truseq libraries prior to amplification enrichment, usually find that they have to use size selection settings significantly larger than the desired insert size (settings 130-150 bp larger than the desired insert sizes, for inserts in the 400-500 bp range).

Chris Boles, Sage Science
Chris Boles is offline   Reply With Quote