Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tophat installation errors

Hi, this is my first time installing Tophat. I followed the instructions on the manual page, but after I ran "make", I got the error message as below. Does anyone know what "undefined reference to 'clock_gettime'" means?
    The boost and samtools installation went smoothly and they were installed under /usr/local/

Code:
    make  all-recursive
    make[1]: Entering directory `/mnt/galaxy_tools_external/tophat-2.0.8'
    Making all in src
    make[2]: Entering directory `/mnt/galaxy_tools_external/tophat-2.0.8/src'
    g++  -Wall -Wno-strict-aliasing -g -gdwarf-2 -Wuninitialized  -O3  -DNDEBUG -pthread -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include -I./SeqAn-1.3   -o segment_juncs  -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib segment_juncs.o ../src/libtophat.a -lboost_thread -lboost_system -lbam -lz 
    /usr/local/lib/libboost_thread.a(thread.o): In function `boost::this_thread::hiden::sleep_until(timespec const&)':
    thread.cpp: (.text+0x1a73): undefined reference to `clock_gettime'
    thread.cpp: (.text+0x1ae8): undefined reference to `clock_gettime'
    thread.cpp: (.text+0x1b4f): undefined reference to `clock_gettime'
    thread.cpp: (.text+0x1bb6): undefined reference to `clock_gettime'
    thread.cpp: (.text+0x1c1d): undefined reference to `clock_gettime'
    /usr/local/lib/libboost_thread.a(thread.o):thread.cpp: (.text+0x1c84): more undefined references to `clock_gettime' follow
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make[2]: *** [segment_juncs] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/mnt/galaxy_tools_external/tophat-2.0.8/src'
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/galaxy_tools_external/tophat-2.0.8'
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    Last edited by metheuse; 03-08-2013, 06:48 AM.

Originally posted by metheuse View Post
    The boost and samtools installation went smoothly and they were installed under /usr/local/
    Have you confirmed that the boost library files are indeed installed in /usr/local/lib?

Did you provide ".configure" command for TopHat with appropriate "--with-boost=/usr/local" directive?

Comment

Originally posted by GenoMax View Post
      Have you confirmed that the boost library files are indeed installed in /usr/local/lib?

Did you provide ".configure" command for TopHat with appropriate "--with-boost=/usr/local" directive?
      Yes to both.

Code:
      $ ls /usr/local/lib
      libbam.a              libboost_exception.a   libboost_math_c99f.a  libboost_prg_exec_monitor.a  libboost_signals.a            libboost_unit_test_framework.a
      libboost_atomic.a     libboost_filesystem.a  libboost_math_c99l.a  libboost_program_options.a   libboost_system.a             libboost_wave.a
      libboost_chrono.a     libboost_graph.a       libboost_math_tr1.a   libboost_random.a            libboost_test_exec_monitor.a  libboost_wserialization.a
      libboost_context.a    libboost_locale.a      libboost_math_tr1f.a  libboost_regex.a             libboost_thread.a
      libboost_date_time.a  libboost_math_c99.a    libboost_math_tr1l.a  libboost_serialization.a     libboost_timer.a

Comment

Try this

Append a " -lrt" after
        g++ -Wall -Wno-strict-aliasing -g -gdwarf-2 -Wuninitialized -O3 -DNDEBUG -pthread -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include -I./SeqAn-1.3 -o segment_juncs -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib segment_juncs.o ../src/libtophat.a -lboost_thread -lboost_system -lbam -lz

i.e ".... -lz -lrt"

Wherever the -lz is in the Makefile just append " -lrt", that's '[singlespace]-lrt" using your favorite editor (vim, emacs, whatev).

Comment

Is this an Ubuntu system?

Do you have "librt.a" in one of the "lib" directories?

See this thread for some info: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8...or-g-in-ubuntu

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Finney View Post
            Try this

Append a " -lrt" after
            g++ -Wall -Wno-strict-aliasing -g -gdwarf-2 -Wuninitialized -O3 -DNDEBUG -pthread -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include -I./SeqAn-1.3 -o segment_juncs -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib segment_juncs.o ../src/libtophat.a -lboost_thread -lboost_system -lbam -lz

i.e ".... -lz -lrt"

Wherever the -lz is in the Makefile just append " -lrt", that's '[singlespace]-lrt" using your favorite editor (vim, emacs, whatev).
            Thanks so much Richard! This works!

Comment

Originally posted by GenoMax View Post
              Is this an Ubuntu system?

Do you have "librt.a" in one of the "lib" directories?

See this thread for some info: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8...or-g-in-ubuntu
              Mine is redhat. But still thanks.

Comment

I am getting this error trying to install tophat-2.0.8. I installed boost and samtools like it said and used the following configure command:

Code:
                ./configure --prefix=/shared/local/tophat-2.0.8/ --with-boost=/shared/local/boost_1_53_0/ --with-bam=/shared/local/samtools-0.1.18/
                And I get the following output at the end of that command:
                Code:
                -- tophat 2.0.8 Configuration Results --
                  C++ compiler:        g++ -Wall -Wno-strict-aliasing -g -gdwarf-2 -Wuninitialized  -O3  -DNDEBUG -pthread -I/shared/local/boost_1_53_0//include -I/shared/local/samtools-0.1.18//include -I./SeqAn-1.3
                  Linker flags:        
                  GCC version:         gcc (GCC) 4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-48)
                  Host System type:    x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
                  Install prefix:      /shared/local/tophat-2.0.8/
                  Install eprefix:     ${prefix}

See config.h for further configuration information.
                  Email <[email protected], [email protected]> with questions and bug reports.
                But when I look in the Makefile, I cannot find the line that was said to add " -lrt" to and when ran as default I get the following error info:
                Code:
                make  all-recursive
                make[1]: Entering directory `/shared/local/tophat-2.0.8'
                Making all in src
                make[2]: Entering directory `/shared/local/tophat-2.0.8/src'
                if g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I..     -Wall -Wno-strict-aliasing -g -gdwarf-2 -Wuninitialized  -O3  -DNDEBUG -pthread -I/shared/local/boost_1_53_0//include -I/shared/local/samtools-0.1.18//include -I./SeqAn-1.3 -MT reads.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/reads.Tpo" -c -o reads.o reads.cpp; \
                        then mv -f ".deps/reads.Tpo" ".deps/reads.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/reads.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
                common.h: In member function ‘int32_t GBamWriter::get_tid(const char*)’:
                common.h:508: error: ‘bam_get_tid’ was not declared in this scope
                common.h: In member function ‘void GBamWriter::flush()’:
                common.h:622: error: ‘bgzf_flush’ was not declared in this scope
                make[2]: *** [reads.o] Error 1
                make[2]: Leaving directory `/shared/local/tophat-2.0.8/src'
                make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
                make[1]: Leaving directory `/shared/local/tophat-2.0.8'
                make: *** [all] Error 2
                Any help is appreciated as the pre-built tophat does not run on our server either.

Comment

I had this problem as well, and appending -lrt to -lz within the makefile did not work. However, when I ran

./configure LIBS=-lrt

and then tried make, it all worked fine. Maybe that will work for you.

Comment

I tried adding that to my configure command and it looks like it changed the Error from 2 to 1. Now I'm getting the following:

Code:
                    Making install in src
                    make[1]: Entering directory `/shared/local/tophat-2.0.8/src'
                    if g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I..     -Wall -Wno-strict-aliasing -g -gdwarf-2 -Wuninitialized  -O3  -DNDEBUG -pthread -I/shared/local/boost_1_53_0//include -I/shared/local/samtools-0.1.18//include -I./SeqAn-1.3 -MT reads.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/reads.Tpo" -c -o reads.o reads.cpp; \
                            then mv -f ".deps/reads.Tpo" ".deps/reads.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/reads.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
                    make[1]: *** [reads.o] Error 1
                    make[1]: Leaving directory `/shared/local/tophat-2.0.8/src'
                    make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

Comment

Originally posted by ercfrtz View Post
                      I tried adding that to my configure command and it looks like it changed the Error from 2 to 1. Now I'm getting the following:

Code:
                      Making install in src
                      make[1]: Entering directory `/shared/local/tophat-2.0.8/src'
                      make[1]: *** [reads.o] Error 1
                      make[1]: Leaving directory `/shared/local/tophat-2.0.8/src'
                      make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
                      Are you using RHEL v.4.x? Did you build your own boost libraries?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                        Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
                        by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
                        04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
                      • seqadmin
                        Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                        by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                        04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by seqadmin, Today, 08:47 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post seqadmin  
                      Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                      0 responses