SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > Sample Prep / Library Generation

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Failed tagmentation reaction for Nextera library? sweetph3 Sample Prep / Library Generation 14 07-21-2016 07:18 AM
Ampure XP buffer cli Sample Prep / Library Generation 8 12-16-2014 09:26 PM
For Nextera mate-pair kit, Is it possible to reduce the tagmentation reaction time? ychang Sample Prep / Library Generation 5 04-20-2014 06:16 AM
How to fill the gap after tagmentation? Can I use Klenow fragment? slees Sample Prep / Library Generation 1 04-01-2014 06:35 AM
tagmentation of the 3'-end of cDNAs: which sequences are added? Simone78 Sample Prep / Library Generation 0 10-26-2012 12:30 AM

Old 03-20-2014, 01:16 AM   #1
dagarfield

Default Tagmentation DNA Buffer (TD)

Hey folks,

This seems a slim chance, but here goes: Does anyone have a recipe for the DNA Tagmentation Buffer that comes with Nextera DNA Sample Preparation Kit? We've found it helpful to wash our sample for ATAC-Seq samples with the buffer prior to Tagmentation, but the kit only comes with so much extra buffer....
dagarfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 03:22 AM   #2
bilyl

Try the recipe in this link?

http://www.nature.com/nprot/journal/....2013.118.html
bilyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 05:27 AM   #3
dagarfield

Many thanks, this looks great. I'll update the thread with progress.
Old 04-30-2014, 01:18 AM   #4
rocio

someone has used the recipe of this item?
Does it work well?
rocio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:12 AM   #5
dagarfield

Works just fine.
Old 05-03-2014, 03:53 PM   #6
bilyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagarfield View Post
Works just fine.
How does your ATAC-Seq data look? We're also beginning to dabble with it a bit in our lab and was wondering if you have any other optimizations.
bilyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 11:57 PM   #7
dagarfield

It seems to work just fine: If you can see your post-PCR product on a gel, you'll have a fine library (in our experience). Some of the runs have more mtDNA reads than you would expect from, say, DNase-Seq, but this is something many have reported (and is seen in the data from the original paper).

In our experience, the most significant issue is simply making sure that we don't lose our pellet of cells/nuclei during the process.

I should note that we're only using the buffer recipe you linked to wash the cells. The reaction itself still takes place in the commercial buffer. Probably going to stay that way unless someone has a method for making Tn5 independent of the kit.....
Old 05-05-2014, 12:30 AM   #8
rocio

Quote:
Works just fine.
Many thanks, We´ll try
rocio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 05:22 AM   #9
bysanimadhu

hello friends,

I am planning setup ATAC-seq in our lab. Can any one send me the complete protocol.
bysanimadhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 10:17 AM   #10
acidcoated

Hi dagarfield,

What transposase are you doing the ATAC-seq with? Are you using the Nextera DNA Sample prep kit or ordering the EZ Tn5 through epicentre?
acidcoated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 10:27 AM   #11
acidcoated

Whoops, saw that you're using the Nextera kit. I can't read apparently.
Have you tried using the Tn5 transposase through Epicentera without ordering the Nextera kit and does this work for ATAC-seq?
acidcoated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 08:39 AM   #12
bjthomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidcoated View Post
Whoops, saw that you're using the Nextera kit. I can't read apparently.
Have you tried using the Tn5 transposase through Epicentera without ordering the Nextera kit and does this work for ATAC-seq?
I am also interested if anyone has used epicenters ez-tn5 to load custom oligos for ATAC-seq rather than what is found in the nextera kit.
Thanks for any input!
bjthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 12:16 PM   #13
overclara

Hi all,
I'm starting with ATAC seq and would like to know if the time of incubation for Tn5 (from Nextera Kit) is relevant to have different DNA fragments in size. I was considering to do in 30 min at 37°C.
thanks in advance to all
overclara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 12:32 AM   #14
Simone78

Quote:
Originally Posted by overclara View Post
Hi all,
I'm starting with ATAC seq and would like to know if the time of incubation for Tn5 (from Nextera Kit) is relevant to have different DNA fragments in size. I was considering to do in 30 min at 37°C.
thanks in advance to all
I guess the reason they do tagmentation at 37°C and not 55°C like in the Nextera protocol is just to prevent the loss (removal) of nucleosomes from the DNA. If you want to change the size distribution you have either to change the amount of transposase used (less = longer fragments and viceversa) and/or the amount of DNA.
I haven´t tried with the ATC protocol but if you do tagmentation with the Nextera there is no difference in the avg size of the fragments when incubating the DNA at 55°C for 5, 10 or 15 mins, which probably means that the tagmentation reaction was driven to completion.
Simone78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 01:39 AM   #15
dagarfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjthomas View Post
I am also interested if anyone has used epicenters ez-tn5 to load custom oligos for ATAC-seq rather than what is found in the nextera kit.
Thanks for any input!

We've not yet tried this, but I'm considering it -- it sure would be nice to barcode during the Tagmentation step rather than the PCR step....if someone tries this, there's a beer in it for you at the next meeting.....
Old 01-16-2015, 12:36 AM   #16
Simone78

Quote:
We've not yet tried this, but I'm considering it -- it sure would be nice to barcode during the Tagmentation step rather than the PCR step....if someone tries this, there's a beer in it for you at the next meeting.....
I am not doing ATAC-seq but I might help you anyway. Instead of spending a lot of money for few ul of Tn5 from Epicentre you could just order the plasmid from Addgene (ID: 60240) and make it yourself. Then you could all the adaptors you like!
We have recently published a paper about it, take a look!
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25079858
Simone78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 03:23 PM   #17
rbd

Default ATACseq Buffer

Does anybody know what the MgCl2 does in the tagmentation buffer? Does it impact chromatin accessibility during ATACseq?
rbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 04:29 PM   #18
nucacidhunter
Jafar Jabbari

I would suggest to look at post #8 link in following thread:
http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42518
nucacidhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 12:14 PM   #19
intregen

Quote:
It seems to work just fine: If you can see your post-PCR product on a gel, you'll have a fine library (in our experience). Some of the runs have more mtDNA reads than you would expect from, say, DNase-Seq, but this is something many have reported (and is seen in the data from the original paper).

In our experience, the most significant issue is simply making sure that we don't lose our pellet of cells/nuclei during the process.

I should note that we're only using the buffer recipe you linked to wash the cells. The reaction itself still takes place in the commercial buffer. Probably going to stay that way unless someone has a method for making Tn5 independent of the kit.....
Has anyone used the homemade TD buffer for the ATAC reaction and not just for washes? Does it work just as well?
intregen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 07:25 AM   #20
kchbio

Quote:
Originally Posted by intregen View Post
Has anyone used the homemade TD buffer for the ATAC reaction and not just for washes? Does it work just as well?
Nop, the home-made one does not work as efficient as the TD buffer from Illumina
kchbio is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
atac-seq, nextera, tagmentation