Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question: Looking for a genome /draft genome aligner with the these features

I have assembled a draft genome of s. pombe that I would like to compare to the reference. My purpose is to study structural variations (rearrangements, insertions/deletions, etc.) between the two genomes. Mauve is a good tool that has been serving my purpose thus far, but it turns out that it doesn't detect duplications, i.e. if a sequence from the reference is found twice in the draft genome; it only aligns it to one of them, and the other is labelled as not mapped. It also doesn't allow mismatches, and I expect there to be at least a 1% mismatch that shouldn't throw off a region from being aligned to reference.

The features that I'm looking for in in an aligner are the following:
    1. Detecting duplications and labelling them.
    2. Good detailed output, including for example non-mapped contigs, contigs with multiple alignments, contigs with break-points (contigs that have a part mapped to one region and another part mapped to a different region.)
    3. Quality, publication-fit figures.
    4. Moves contigs to where they mapped in the reference (like Mauve contig mover).
    5. Allows a user-specified mismatch in the alignments.

I hope that there exits a software that does all of that.

Thank you!
    Last edited by antifolate; 11-24-2015, 09:23 AM.

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
  • seqadmin
    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
0 responses