SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > General

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problem with orthofinder and dlacpar zillur Bioinformatics 0 11-23-2016 11:59 AM
Getting error in creating heatmap from Orthogroups.csv zillur Bioinformatics 0 10-05-2016 06:24 PM
estimation of non synonymous over synonymous (Ka/Ks) SNPs over genome with RNAseq piemmea RNA Sequencing 1 05-25-2014 10:32 PM
Nucleotide to amino acid translation + synonymous/non-synonymous count Darth Ghisus Bioinformatics 2 09-04-2012 04:15 AM

Old 11-16-2020, 12:55 PM   #1
MatthewHaasUMN

Default synonymous substitution rates from OrthoFinder orthogroups

Hi all,

I am trying to calculate synonymous substitution rates using orthogroups from OrthoFinder. I'm able to filter the orthogroups using regular expressions in Python, but I am still left with more genes from my species of interest (and related species to make the comparison). I am not sure how best to decide which ortholog is the ancestor and which is the descendent.

I thought of using BLAST, but my understanding is that OrthoFinder already uses BLASTP to make the assignment of genes to orthogroups.

I am doing alignment with Clustal Omega, backtranslation with a custom script, and synonymous substitution rates with PAML.

Thanks in advance.
Matthew
MatthewHaasUMN is offline   Reply With Quote