No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback on TFLOW: De Novo Transcriptome Assembly Pipeline

Hi All!
    I've been working for a few months on a command-line de novo transcriptome assembly pipeline called TFLOW (Transcriptome-Flow). I wanted to see if anyone might be interested in using/testing it and giving me some feedback on whether it is useful!

It can be downloaded here: http://www.github.com/fsugenomics/TFLOW/

The TFLOW framework supports a few different assembly pipes at this point, and is designed to be modular so different pipe segments can be inserted.
    The main Trinity_Pipe is based on Trinity for primary sequence assembly but builds on Trinity by providing several auxiliary features. These include:
    - Read File Parsing (where applicable)
    - External Trimmomatic Read Trimming, for maximum flexibility of accessibility and reproducibility,
    - Trinity Assembly, with any desired parameters passed through,
    - CAP3 Assembly on Trinity output, prepares single-tissue assemblies for combination into a multi-organism/multi-tissue transcriptome.
    - Automatic Statistical Analysis on Trinity and CAP3 Outputs (Total, min-len, max-len, N50, etc…)
    - Automated analysis to determine the amount of genes from two benchmarking gene databases via BLAST Homology:
    - CEGMA (Core Eukaryotic Gene Database)
    - BUSCO (Further Benchmarking Genes that are Species-Subset Specific)

To combine multiple tissues, a similar CAP3 Pipeline is used within the TFLOW Framework:
    - CAP3 (to combine individual tissue transcriptomes)
    - Statistical Analysis
    - CEGMA and BUSCO Gene Recapture Analyses

The pipeline is designed to be easily-accessible while still allowing the full breadth of features for each of the component segments by allowing advanced parameter passthrough.

The Trimmomatic read trimming parameters default to a minimum quality threshold of PHRED:30 for each read, Illumina adapter trimming, and a minimum length of 75bp, but all Trimmomatic, Trinity, and CAP3 settings can be easily changed as desired for a particular project.

If you use different assembly or analysis steps in your transcriptome assembly process, I would be very interested in communicating to find out what they are! TFLOW has been designed to work with modular “segments,” so I would like to create and include modules that would work with whatever process is needed for a particular type of work.

Please let me know what you think!

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
  • seqadmin
    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
0 responses