Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pindel stuck?

I just installed pindel version 0.2.5a4. I'm new to the software. I followed the instruction on http://gmt.genome.wustl.edu/pindel/0.2.4/install.html

When I run the demo run code, the output basically executed until it reached the part where it said on the terminal:

Insertionsize in config: 250

And then nothing else seems to be happening. I can't tell if the software is running or if it's stuck. No new lines were being written to the output. I waited for 15 minutes but nothing else was happening so I terminated the job.

Is this normal? The demo is only a couple of Mbs, so I don't see why it should take so long.

can you show me how you run Pindel on the demo data or what you mean "I run the demo run code"? Pindel is realigning reads than processing the alignment result from mapper so that it is expected to take some minutes if your window size (-w) is large and your coverage is high. Can you submit your job to a node and tell me the entire running log?

some steps take a long time and I do not want to write the message from every part of the code as the log file or your console will contain too much information than necessary.

Originally posted by casshyr View Post
    I just installed pindel version 0.2.5a4. I'm new to the software. I followed the instruction on http://gmt.genome.wustl.edu/pindel/0.2.4/install.html

When I run the demo run code, the output basically executed until it reached the part where it said on the terminal:

Insertionsize in config: 250

And then nothing else seems to be happening. I can't tell if the software is running or if it's stuck. No new lines were being written to the output. I waited for 15 minutes but nothing else was happening so I terminated the job.

Is this normal? The demo is only a couple of Mbs, so I don't see why it should take so long.

Comment

Originally posted by KaiYe View Post
      can you show me how you run Pindel on the demo data or what you mean "I run the demo run code"? Pindel is realigning reads than processing the alignment result from mapper so that it is expected to take some minutes if your window size (-w) is large and your coverage is high. Can you submit your job to a node and tell me the entire running log?

some steps take a long time and I do not want to write the message from every part of the code as the log file or your console will contain too much information than necessary.
      Hi I basically did the exact same instruction as on the Pindel website. From the Pindel folder I did the following:

cd demo
      ../pindel -f simulated_reference.fa -i simulated_config.txt -o output

I did not change anything in the .fa file nor the config.txt file. I left everything as it came with in the Pindel package.

But I think I realized the problem - I was simply too impatient. I have started a job processing a 30X human WGS with Pindel and it seems to be running fine now. I was just surprised that a demo job would take so long, because usually for most software's demo, I expected only like ~1-5 minutes to run, so when the demo took more than 15 minutes I mistakenly thought it was stuck.

Comment

Originally posted by casshyr View Post
        Hi I basically did the exact same instruction as on the Pindel website. From the Pindel folder I did the following:

cd demo
        ../pindel -f simulated_reference.fa -i simulated_config.txt -o output

I did not change anything in the .fa file nor the config.txt file. I left everything as it came with in the Pindel package.

But I think I realized the problem - I was simply too impatient. I have started a job processing a 30X human WGS with Pindel and it seems to be running fine now. I was just surprised that a demo job would take so long, because usually for most software's demo, I expected only like ~1-5 minutes to run, so when the demo took more than 15 minutes I mistakenly thought it was stuck.
        can you get the latest version to test again using demo data? There was one read selection step changed recently and it does slow down Pindel dramatically. Now I have modified it. You should be able to get the demo set finished within 30 seconds. Let's me know if this is not the case.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
          by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
          04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
        • seqadmin
          Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
          by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
          04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 11:49 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 04-24-2024, 08:47 AM
        0 responses