No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMRT portal errors

Hi,

I'm trying to assemble six SMRT cells de novo on the SMRT portal. I tried HGAP.2 and HGAP.3 but both fail with different errors:

CeleraAssembler/runCaHgap Failed - for HGAP.2
    AssembleUnitig/runCaToUnitig Failed - for HGAP.3

I'm running SMRT portal through Amazon Web Services.

On the PacBio github it provides troubleshooting information for the SMRT pipe but I'm unsure how to access this through AWS.

Any information on how to troubleshoot this would be much appreciated.

James

They are both essentially the same failure. What size amazon instance are you running, in particular memory?
    This failure will arise if <16gb of memory is available.

Comment

Its an m3.large instance, with 7.5 GB memory. I guess I need a bigger instance.

Comment

Hello rhall and others,

I changed to a m3.2xlarge instance, with 30 GB of RAM and assembled my two genomes into 1 and 3 contigs. They both have a QV score just under 50.

I uploaded the polished assemblies fasta files to use as a reference and I now want to use the reseqeuncing program to wrap up the assemblies, but when I use this tool I get an error saying: 'Failed to submit job'. The error appears usually after several hours.

I also get this error when I try the Modification and Motif analysis.

Is there a way around this?

Thanks,

James

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
          by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
          04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
        • seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
        0 responses