Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RNA-seq from single cells?

Does anyone here have experience with this? Does anyone know of a good protocol with consistent results?

I would like to do this as well but have not figured it out. Have you?

Comment

are you looking for something like this.. Cell article, probably I should look for some public data if there is any?

Comment

I recommend using the Clontech SMARTer PCR kit (if you can afford it).
        We have some nice data from single Molt4 cells.
        I can't comment on consistency of data as we've only done it once with 4 cells.

Comment

Thanks for the article. But without detailed protocol it is hard to replicate the experiment.
          I have tried SMARTer PCR kit but it did not work in my hands. The expected yield for a single cell is 7 ng, the negative control yield is similar.

Comment

Hi Yes, would also be interested in hearing if there are tricks for the SMART kit. I tried and with a 10ng input of control RNA, I only get 500pg of amplified cDNA. Even though the size is correct and I am happy to get to this point, still my yield is much lower then suggested in the manual. I have not yet proceeded with library generation.

Comment

I'm not sure if any of you have seen this?http://www.fluidigm.com/home/fluidig...-6199%20A1.pdf
              We have just released a Single Cell mRNAseq protocol for the C1 system. It utilises the SMARTer chemistry but miniaturises it making it much cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by solidestcloud View Post
                I'm not sure if any of you have seen this?http://www.fluidigm.com/home/fluidig...-6199%20A1.pdf
                We have just released a Single Cell mRNAseq protocol for the C1 system. It utilises the SMARTer chemistry but miniaturises it making it much cheaper.
                Interesting. Does anybody knows how much does it cost or which labs already have it?

Comment

We are getting one in March but we are in Boston so that may not help you but it could help others.

Comment

Kwaraska - did you test the instrument? or have you seen generated data?

Comment

I have not tested it but we hosted a seminar with actual data and my boss has had meetings with the supplier and he has seen it in action.

Comment

Saw a demo of it at AGBT. $150k for the box is what I was told, with $23/sample all-in library costs. cDNA is generated by the SMARTer kit with the Illumina library made with Nextera from the cDNA. Does 96 cells in one go.

Comment

a detailed protocol for single-cell seq is described in a paper published last year by our group: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22820318
                          the CEL-Seq protocol (published in Cell Reports at the end of last year) is targeting only the 3´end of mRNAs, while the Smart-Seq aims to get full-length mRNAs. Another method, STRT (Islam et al., Genome Res. 2011 & Nat. Prot. 2012) captures the 5´-end only instead. It depends what one is looking for.

Comment

Hi, daantje, have you figured out the cause of low yield? I tried the kit recently and also encountered similar problem, only got less than 1ng amplified cDNA from 500pg input RNA provided in the kit after 14 cycles. I would really appreciate if anyone can offer some suggestions for this kit.

Originally posted by daantje View Post
                            Hi Yes, would also be interested in hearing if there are tricks for the SMART kit. I tried and with a 10ng input of control RNA, I only get 500pg of amplified cDNA. Even though the size is correct and I am happy to get to this point, still my yield is much lower then suggested in the manual. I have not yet proceeded with library generation.

Comment

we have recently published a paper where we describe Smart-seq2, an improvement of the Smarter kit. Check it out! You don´need any kit to make your cDNA and you´re going to save a lot of money!

Emerging methods for the accurate quantification of gene expression in individual cells hold promise for revealing the extent, function and origins of cell-to-cell variability. Different high-throughput methods for single-cell RNA-seq have been introduced that vary in coverage, sensitivity and multi …

Single-cell gene expression analyses hold promise for characterizing cellular heterogeneity, but current methods compromise on either the coverage, the sensitivity or the throughput. Here, we introduce Smart-seq2 with improved reverse transcription, template switching and preamplification to increas …

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                03-08-2024, 10:41 AM
                              • seqadmin
                                The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
                                by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
                                02-26-2024, 02:07 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by seqadmin, 03-14-2024, 06:13 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post seqadmin  
                              Started by seqadmin, 03-08-2024, 08:03 AM
                              0 responses