Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reproduce genome coverage of ENCODE-CSHL Long RNA-seq data, but failed?

I've try to reproduce the graphic view (genome-wide coverage) of the ENCODE-CSHL long RNA-seq http://hgdownload.cse.ucsc.edu/golde...shlLongRnaSeq/

Let's say, K562-Chromatin-Rep4 as an example. http://hgdownload.cse.ucsc.edu/golde...talAlnRep4.bam

Luckily, it provides the bigwig file as well.Thus I've an idea to test whether I can reproduce the same data visualization.
    http://hgdownload.cse.ucsc.edu/golde...SigRep4.bigWig

1. bigWig provided by paper
    I upload the Plus strand bigwig into UCSC, with the very default options:
    Code:
    track name='K562-Chromatin4-Pos' type="bigWig" color=0,0,255 bigDataUrl=http://hgdownload.cse.ucsc.edu/goldenPath/hg19/encodeDCC/wgEncodeCshlLongRnaSeq/wgEncodeCshlLongRnaSeqK562ChromatinTotalPlusRawSigRep4.bigWig
    2. genomeCoverage generate bigWig
    genomeCoverage tool is one of the BEDtools toolbox.
    Code:
    samtools sort wgEncodeCshlLongRnaSeqK562ChromatinTotalAlnRep4.bam wgEncodeCshlLongRnaSeqK562ChromatinTotalAlnRep4.bam.sort
    Code:
    genomeCoverage -bg -ibam wgEncodeCshlLongRnaSeqK562ChromatinTotalAlnRep4.bam.sort -g hg19.chromInfo -strand + >K562chromatin.POS.bedgraph
    Code:
    genomeCoverageBed -bg -ibam wgEncodeCshlLongRnaSeqK562ChromatinTotalAlnRep4.bam.sorted.bam -g ../hg19.chromInfo -strand -|awk '{$4 = - $4;print $0}' >K562ChromatinTotalAlnRep4.REV.bedgraph
    Then using bedGraphToBigwig (UCSC exe) to convert bedgraph into bigwig:
    Code:
    bedGraphToBigwig K562chromatin.POS.bedgraph hg19.chromInfo K562chromatin.POS.bigwig
    Finally upload them into Galaxy and then send to UCSC genome browser.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Human chrX:73,043,408-73,052,531 - UCSC Genome Browser v273.png
Views:	1
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	307921
    Thus, in the image, from top to bottom:
    Black: Forward_strand_my_version
    Blue: Forward_strand_ENCODE_default
    Red: Reverse_strand_my_version
    Grey: Reverse_strand_ENCODE_version

The result is strange: General expression wave is similar, they share same peak. But my-version-bigwig give higher basal level (notice the y-axis).

And please note the gene I give an example here, Xist. It seems that if I my self calculate the coverage, the Xist intron is NOT spliced off the primary mRNA (indicated by green box).

Any suggestions?

CoverageBed probably does not consider the split reads (RNA-seq reads mapping across splice junctions) correctly and instead 'fills-in' in corresponding alignment positions. You will see them when you look in the CIGAR string in the BAM files.

Some bedtools have a -split option to deal with this.

Felix

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
      by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
      04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
    • seqadmin
      Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
      by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
      04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 11:49 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, 04-24-2024, 08:47 AM
    0 responses