Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What archaea apecific region/primers are best on MiSeq

I would like to create custom primers for MiSeq that will have a higher and more specific coverage of archaea. I have 2 questions pertaining to this:

1. What is the best hypervariable region for archaea using MiSeq? I have read the Klindworth et al, 2012 paper on the best primers for NGS and it suggests that the best archaeal primers for Illumina are in the V3 region, however, I believe that the region may be too short for complete overlap on MiSeq 2x250 (they may have used different Illumina chemistry, or HiSeq?). I have also come across the V4-V5 region for Archaea on MiSeq using 517F and 958R. Does anyone have any knowledge/experience with the best primers to use for archaea with MiSeq?

2. How exactly to design these primers for MiSeq? I would like to use dual barcoding with these primers. I already have dual barcoded primers designed for the v4 region for bacteria (basically the same set up as Pat Schloss uses for MiSeq). Would I use the same adapters, pad, and linker sequences for these archaea primers and only change the 16S primers (F/R) based on what region I use (As long as the entire oligo sequences have a Tm of at least 65 deg.)?

I apologize if these are elementary questions, I am relatively new to NGS and MiSeq. Any insight to these questions would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
    by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
    04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
  • seqadmin
    Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
    by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
    04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, Today, 08:47 AM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
0 responses