Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agilent 4200 TapeStation Instrument / PerkinElmer LabChip GX Touch 24 / AATI Fragm

Looking for inputs on the "nucleic acid analyzers" for NGS studies. Our lab is planning to purchase either a Agilent 4200 TapeStation Instrument or PerkinElmer LabChip GX Touch 24 or AATI Fragment Analyzer automated CE system. We process anywhere from 1-15 genomic DNA or total RNA samples a day and occasionally upto 96 samples. I checked all three options and can't decide if one is better than the other. At the moment, we have an Agilent bioanalyzer and we are looking for something that does job faster with decent output while keeping the cost reasonable. Any suggestions? Thank you!

Our lab upgraded from a 2200 Tapestation to the 4200 Tapestation.
    For the most part, the machine is fine. It is simple to use and can process small and large numbers of samples with some good flexibility. But the machine loses connection often and has had several errors that stopped the machine in the middle of the run. Talking with tech support has not helped as they tend to say it is something we are doing. And their sales reps were not very forthright or honest with us when helping us decide on whether or not to upgrade. They lied right to us on several points and when we brought that up, we were ignored. Good times.
    Overall, if I had known what I do now, I wouldn't want to deal with Agilent again.

Comment

I need the same information

Have you been able to find any information on this? I am looking into the same issues. I have asked a few people who work in genomics cores and they all still use the Agilent Bioanalyzer. I need something that is more high-throughput but still give good results and keeps the cost per sample low. Please let me know what you have found out!!

Comment

We have the AATI Fragment Analyzer automated CE system. I have been mostly happy with it. One significant service issue in the 2 years we have had it.
        You mentioned you want faster results. The AATI is not fast, we have the 12 capillary unit and it will take ~10 minutes hands on time to set up the run and then ~60 mins for each gel (12 samples) and then probably 5 mins to analyse the data. But it it definitely is high throughput and "fast" in terms of hands on time. So you can set up 3 x 96 plates to run (will take about 30 mins) and run over the weekend, come in on Monday all three plates run.

Comment

LabChip GX

Did anyone used this to quant their amplicon library? Is that reliable? Whether the results are consistent with that measured by qPCR? Thanks

Comment

We have a 4200 and a very proficient student of mine tried to use it (per Thermo protocol re. Bioanalyzer) to quantify RNAseq libraries, but this didn't prove very reliable; she'd get a very unbalanced number of reads when she mixed libraries in a chip. Quantifying the same samples via qPCR gave much more reliable results. I don't blame the 4200 per se, though; perhaps the issue was uneven fragment lengths by our part. Anyways, qPCR proved to be less affected by experimental variation and that's what we use now.

Comment

Thank you for letting me know that qPCR quant is more reliable.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
              • seqadmin
                Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
              0 responses