SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
compare RNASeq with Exon array data at the gene-level and exon-level shirley0818 RNA Sequencing 0 07-22-2014 11:47 AM
Low frequency variant caller for any ploidy level me_myself_andI Bioinformatics 16 04-21-2014 07:39 AM
Mutation detection at the nucleotide and amino acid level for genes garethboy Bioinformatics 0 01-05-2014 11:54 PM
amino acid change effect on protein structure using bioinformatics ketan_bnf Bioinformatics 0 07-20-2011 09:00 PM
how to find the genomic coordinate based on the amino acid change cliff Bioinformatics 0 07-07-2011 01:20 PM

Old 08-11-2014, 12:38 PM   #1
akitrav

Default Variant from DNA level to amino acid change level

I have the variant information in form of the chromosomal position and allele change. I wish to translate it into the relevant amino acid change (if it is a nonsysn change). I do know how to do it but it seems like there must be something out there. Don't want to reinvent the wheel. Any suggestionss
akitrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 02:31 PM   #2
GenoMax

Try SnpEff: http://snpeff.sourceforge.net/
GenoMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 02:31 PM   #3
swbarnes2

Quote:
Originally Posted by akitrav View Post
I have the variant information in form of the chromosomal position and allele change. I wish to translate it into the relevant amino acid change (if it is a nonsysn change). I do know how to do it but it seems like there must be something out there. Don't want to reinvent the wheel. Any suggestionss
There are programs like SNPEff and Annovar, and ensembl's Variant effect predictor, which will take genomic coordinates, and output differences with respect to genes and amino acids.

If you wanted to do a bit more yourself, you could used blastx to compare your DNA sequences to all potential proteins in the organism, and parse the blast output.
swbarnes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 06:39 AM   #4
akitrav

Thank you folks but I was trying to do it from scratch or just use a functionality that does only that. Maybe if there were an R package or something like that?
akitrav is offline   Reply With Quote