SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fishers Exact test blast2go detq182 Bioinformatics 0 02-29-2012 02:57 PM
how can i decide the exact start and end of rRNA on mitochondria bbsinfo Illumina/Solexa 0 12-02-2011 12:54 PM
PubMed: Accurate and exact CNV identification from targeted high-throughput sequence Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 04-14-2011 11:30 PM
Exact Call Chemistry -> Sequence space volks SOLiD 3 02-15-2011 10:13 AM
How to get the exact mismatch positions in Tophat output maplesword Bioinformatics 1 09-07-2010 12:22 AM

Old 07-17-2012, 03:13 PM   #1
beefeng123

Default How to use Fisher's exact test in R

I have some RNA-seq data for statistic analysis. I do not have biological replicate for the data, so could anyone can give me some suggestion how to compare the significant expressed genes between two samples using Fisher's exact test in R? Thank you very much.
beefeng123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:12 AM   #2
dariober

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefeng123 View Post
I have some RNA-seq data for statistic analysis. I do not have biological replicate for the data, so could anyone can give me some suggestion how to compare the significant expressed genes between two samples using Fisher's exact test in R? Thank you very much.
Fisher's test tests for independency between rows and columns in a table so I don't think you can use it. In fact, with only two samples there is not much that can be done (there has been a lot of discussion on SEQanswers about detecting DE genes from RNAseq in the absence of replication). You can look at the DESeq and edgeR packages from Bioconductor, which can estimate dispersion in absence of replication, but again, the results shouldn't be taken as conclusive.
dariober is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fisher's exact test, rna-seq