No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High duplication percentage

Dear all,

I know that this thread was already asked before, however I wonder if someone has a new/better explanation/suggestions.

I am encountering a high duplication level in my chip-seq libraries. almost 99% of the reads are eliminated when considering only one read to map with Bowtie.

I am starting my libraries with around 2/3 ng of IP materials. I am using the NEB kit for the library prep. The library concentration is not that high too.
    I am doing 18 cycles. I am multiplexing 10 samples at a time.
    Inputs sequencing seems better with around 40% of duplication.

Any suggestion is the most welcome,

Best,

You can try to size select after the PCR enrichment rather than before. It tends to increase the diversity in the final libraries.

Comment

Dear Huguesparri,

Many thanks for your reply,
      Indeed, I will try now either 1) avoiding completely the first size selection and put everything into the PCR or 2) making a really big size selection first (i.e 200-800 bp) and go with that to the PCR.
      I think that I will go for the second option. I believe that in both cases this will help to increase the PCR complexity and get better results (less duplication).

PS: Also I will also try to start with more materials at the beginning,

Best

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
        by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
        04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
      • seqadmin
        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
      0 responses