SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
could not find function "readCufflinks" cummeRbund jhsandgren RNA Sequencing 5 12-19-2015 01:00 PM
MiSeq gDNA reads still fail "Kmer content" and "per base seq content" after trimming" ysnapus Illumina/Solexa 4 11-12-2014 07:25 AM
avoid cummeRbund "getGenes" automatically sorting geneIDs GuiFF Bioinformatics 1 07-07-2014 10:05 AM
DEXSeq error in estimateDispersions: match.arg(start.method, c("log(y)", "mean")) fpadilla Bioinformatics 14 07-03-2013 02:11 PM
CummeRbund csDendro error: "need finite ylim values" when replicates=TRUE mebbert Bioinformatics 4 07-18-2012 08:22 AM

Old 04-10-2015, 09:14 PM   #1
The_Learner

Default Clarification "nearest_ref_id" in cummeRbund

Hi to all,

I was dealing with querying cummeRbund as a part of the Tuxedo pipeline. In the isoforms table, there is a column called nearest_ref_id.
I want to clarify my understanding. I think that the authors of the program specifically "coined" the term "nearest_ref_id" to indicate that the cuffdiff2 generated transcript was similar to the description of the transcript in the gtf file (in my case the flybase gtf file).
If I think correctly, this means that FBtr... numbers mentioned against the isoform_id indicate that, the isoform_id represents the flybase transcript (especially when class_code is "="), when flybase transcript descriptor is available for comparison.
What about when the class_code is other than "=" ?

Thanks,

TL
The_Learner is offline   Reply With Quote