SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > General

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Presence of RNA for Sureselect XT moedog45 Sample Prep / Library Generation 1 02-16-2012 10:08 AM
TruSeq v3 Cluster Kits with TruSeq SBS kits? rgejman Illumina/Solexa 5 07-13-2011 11:33 AM
SureSelect All Human 50 Mb manisisland Sample Prep / Library Generation 0 01-30-2011 08:41 PM
Insert size with Agilent SureSelect sdavis Sample Prep / Library Generation 12 05-14-2010 11:39 AM
Agilent SureSelect enrichment javier Sample Prep / Library Generation 1 03-30-2010 12:39 PM

Old 08-19-2012, 03:54 AM   #21
SeqTruth

Hi All,

I have also been curious about whether it's possible to use TruSeq or other 3rd party lib prep methods in conjunction with SureSelect. I understand the importance of using the appropriate blocking oligos for the adapters used, but I was wondering about an even simpler issue: is it possible to order the SureSelect capture kits without ordering a matching lib prep kit? I know they have separate part numbers, but their website gives the impression that they must be ordered together.
SeqTruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:10 AM   #22
DoubleA

Hi SeqTruth,

We have purchased both Agilent SureSelect and NimbleGen bait libraries without ordering a matching library prep kit. We use a "home-brew" protocol to produce libraries with 64 barcodes. For the SureSelect hybridizations, we use their bocking oligo mix that comes with the kit. For the NimbleGen bait libraries, we purchased HPLC purified blocking oligos with deoxyinosines at the barcode positions and a phosphorothioate bond at the end. We get 55-70% reads on-target (Picard) using baits from either company.

DoubleA
DoubleA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:55 PM   #23
ECO
--Site Admin--

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeqTruth View Post
I have also been curious about whether it's possible to use TruSeq or other 3rd party lib prep methods in conjunction with SureSelect. I understand the importance of using the appropriate blocking oligos for the adapters used, but I was wondering about an even simpler issue: is it possible to order the SureSelect capture kits without ordering a matching lib prep kit? I know they have separate part numbers, but their website gives the impression that they must be ordered together.
I have been told by my rep that they now sell the baits separately...without the library kit. The wrinkle here (and a continued annoyance) is that there is no way to get the hyb reagents as well...without resorting to a custom order. It is possible however to get JUST the library kits if needed.
ECO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:24 PM   #24
gevro

Hi ECO,
Have you had a chance to see how the 6-I or other modifications compare? It is quite an expense to order the full blocking oligos, so if the 6-I works decently we might do that. We saw also ~45% with split oligos, which is not quite good enough for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECO View Post
Update..."split" blocking oligos using 2'MO modifications brought the PCT_SELECTED_BASES to 52%.

I'm testing the 6xInosine and LNA-split configurations and will report back.
gevro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:15 PM   #25
BuckeyeSeq

Hey ECO,

Our lab is looking to complete a truseqDNA library prep combine with a targeted exome capture using Agilent's hybridization kit. We have blocking oligos (from roche's blocking oligo kit) for each truseq index adapter. We are curious to the exact make-up of your hybridization reaction. I am assuming the hybridization buffer mix is the same and that you have altered the Sureselect block mix.

You stated that you do not add sureselect block #3, but do you add suresect block #1 and #2? How much of the specific truseq blocking oligos do you add?

I appreciate the help!
BuckeyeSeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 05:30 PM   #26
sverma

Hi All,

I saw there was a lot of discussion on this thread back in 2012, but, then it has no posts since then. I am doing sureselect xT capture and using their own library prep kit and blockers I am getting only 40% on-target capture. I am also looking in to some home brew versions of the adapters and blockers. If anyone who has a protocol that works with home-brewed library prep method and sureselect capture can they share that on the thread. Also, ECO I saw that you were trying 6 Inosine modification on index adapter blocker in 2012. Did that work? Can you please share the results on thread.

Thanks,
Suman
sverma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 08:20 PM   #27
zhuangran

Hi, ECO. I am wondering how to determine the concentration to use of the newly designed
"Block #3". What I am now using is Agilent SureSelect XT Target Enrichment System (not pooling version), and it required in total 750ng DNA as input for hybridization and 0.6ul Block #3. As I wanted to adapt this protocol , how much adapted "Block #3" should I add? Will 50uM equal amount mixture be sufficient?
zhuangran is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
truseq. sureselect.