SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Sequencing Technologies/Companies > Service Providers

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Reliable NGS bioinformatics service provider in Europe ik76 Service Providers 14 07-27-2014 07:10 AM
Cuffdiff output - how reliable? whoopster101 RNA Sequencing 12 02-23-2014 08:15 AM
DEGseq VS edgeR, which one is more reliable? tianyub836 Bioinformatics 40 01-07-2013 10:43 PM
Which tool is reliable for SVs? AlexSmith Bioinformatics 1 06-11-2010 08:23 AM
Seeking bioinformatics job nextGenJob Academic/Non-Profit Jobs 0 01-19-2010 10:44 AM

Old 02-21-2012, 12:01 PM   #1
puggie

Default Seeking Reliable Bioinformatics Services in EU/US?

We have engaged in NGS and have got data that we want to have analyzed out of house. We are seeking a company which can establish a bioinformatic pipeline for a custom project, i.e. not plain mapping to reference and so on.

Anybody at this forum have experience with a good and fast company preferably in the EU or US?
puggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:12 PM   #2
ECO
--Site Admin--

Moving to service providers.
ECO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:15 PM   #3
jo_mason

Hi Puggie,
We have great bioinformaticians who run custom projects all the time.
If you send me some details of your project I'd be happy to discuss further. My email address is joanne@mgrc.com.my

joanne@mgrc.com.my
jo_mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:46 PM   #4
samanta

Hello Puggie,

We are highly experienced with de novo assembly and transcriptomics (RNAseq) and keep abreast of latest technology. You can read about the types of work we do at http://www.homolog.us . If your project needs anything cutting edge, feel free to contact us.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:22 AM   #5
vistabio

We (http://www.vistainformatics.com) have provided bioinformatics services to researchers in both EU and US, and we can build bioinformatics pipeline for custom projects, and more..
vistabio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:37 PM   #6
narain

Smile Abi-o-tech

You can try services with ABI-O-TECH . Their list of softwares for next gen sequence analysis is pretty comprehensive and exhaustive. Besides, they are very affordable and engage in whole genome and whole transcriptome analysis! Here are their list https://sites.google.com/a/iitdalumni.com/abi/codes . You can reach them by mailing at their CEO abhishek.narain@cantab.net .

Good luck.
narain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:53 AM   #7
tsa
Sebastian Jaenicke

Quote:
Originally Posted by narain View Post
You can reach them by mailing at their CEO abhishek.narain@cantab.net .
..which appears to be you. Please at least identify yourself as the companys owner when promoting services.
tsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:02 PM   #8
narain

Wasn't that inferred automatically ?! I did not feel the need to be explicit.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:41 PM   #9
kmcarr

Quote:
No, it was not! In your post you repeatedly and exclusively use third person plural pronouns (they, them, their, etc.) in reference to ABI-O-TECH so the reader will naturally infer that you are refering to a group of people you do not belong to. The previous posters who offered services had the courtesy to use "we", clearly indicating their association with the company they were promoting.
kmcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:31 PM   #10
narain

Well, if you are reading threads in this forum about bioinformatics, I would have assumed you to be smart enough to have figured out that it was me itself, if the email ID contained my name 'narain' in it. But anyways, thanks for clarifying so that now lesser IQ people can infer it as well. Let me know if you have any bioinformatics work to be given to the CEO.
Old 07-24-2013, 02:21 AM   #11
EGrassi

Quote:
Well, if you are reading threads in this forum about bioinformatics, I would have assumed you to be smart enough to have figured out that it was me itself, if the email ID contained my name 'narain' in it. But anyways, thanks for clarifying so that now lesser IQ people can infer it as well. Let me know if you have any bioinformatics work to be given to the CEO.
Oh, sure, reading a thread about companies me and my smaller IQ will check the correspondences between user names - and given CEO e-mails when one says things like "they have good software...". Please!
EGrassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:22 PM   #12
BAMseek

Quote:
I appreciate tsa for pointing that out. I don't see anything wrong with making it explicit. Otherwise, it would have looked like an endorsement from a third-party.

Justin
BAMseek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:29 PM   #13
ProfSmith

I guess its to do with presentation skill, the way Narain is mentioning about himself. It would have been more clear if we could hear him vocally, alas it failed to generate the same effect when written, as different people may read it differently.
ProfSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:46 PM   #14
BAMseek

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfSmith View Post
I guess its to do with presentation skill, the way Narain is mentioning about himself. It would have been more clear if we could hear him vocally, alas it failed to generate the same effect when written, as different people may read it differently.
Sure, he might have had different intentions, but unless you are the same person as him, then we can only conjecture. For me, it was misleading.
BAMseek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:10 PM   #15
narain

Okay, I have uploaded my talks on bioinformatics tools here https://sites.google.com/a/iitdalumni.com/abi/videos
Old 08-30-2013, 04:03 AM   #16
riccardo.aiesecigliano

Hello,
I am the co-funder and the scientific director of the company Sequentia Biotech SL. We are based in Spain and we provide bioinformatics analyses and consulting. Maybe we can help you, please contact me and take look at our website www.sequentiabiotech.com
Best,
Riccardo Aiese Cigliano
riccardo.aiesecigliano is offline   Reply With Quote