SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Sequencing Technologies/Companies > Service Providers

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Aligning transcritptome with trimmed or untrimmed data RogerH Bioinformatics 6 01-12-2012 04:38 PM
Can I view output the entire genome data? ardmore Bioinformatics 6 11-09-2011 01:21 PM
Sample Output of Helicos Raw Data foolishbrat Helicos / Direct Genomics 3 09-07-2011 06:54 PM
what is the file size for a 30X human genome sequencing file, raw and BAM? RNA-seq Illumina/Solexa 2 04-15-2011 11:27 AM
Illumina Announces Personal Genome Sequencing Service takout Personalized Genomics 0 06-10-2009 11:48 PM

Old 10-28-2012, 06:13 PM   #1
newkid

Default Genome Sequencing Service that provides raw, untrimmed and unassembled output data?

Are there service providers that can just run purified, and amplified DNA through a sequencer and provide me with the output?

The data won't need to be trimmed, or assembled. Just looking for raw, single end, short bp reads.

Most service providers I've found seem to include assembly as a part of their service.

Any pointers or advice to help in my hunt would be much appreciated too.
newkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:46 AM   #2
GenoMax

A minimal amount of QC needs to happen as a part of the pre-processing of sequence data (generally via vendor software). You obviously do not want to get reads that are mixed (two clusters merged/close together) etc.. But other than that most providers should give you untrimmed full length sequence data files.

There is a list of service providers here: http://seqanswers.com/wiki/Service_Provider It does not appear to be working at the moment. Hopefully site admins will rectify that soon.
GenoMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:41 PM   #3
newkid

Looks like the link is up!

Thanks
newkid is offline   Reply With Quote