SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Sequencing Technologies/Companies > Service Providers

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for a good illumina core facility mkdir Core Facilities 3 05-13-2012 07:26 PM
Newbie needing advice on required computing power for small-scale NGS facility dalesan Bioinformatics 7 10-03-2011 05:15 AM
ChIP-Seq: ChIP-Seq Using High-Throughput DNA Sequencing for Genome-Wide Identificatio Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 10-16-2010 02:00 AM
Looking for access to Illumina for RAD sequencing project tlking Illumina/Solexa 0 11-02-2009 08:05 AM
Small RNA sequencing on Illumina Bruce E RNA Sequencing 1 09-16-2009 12:37 PM

Old 06-27-2012, 05:21 PM   #1
biznatch

Default Small ChIP-seq project, looking for Illumina sequencing facility

I have 3 ChIP samples (2 IP + 1 input) and need 20-40 million single end 40-50 bp reads for each, so they could be barcoded/indexed and done in a single lane. Can anyone recommend a facility that doesn't have a 3-4 month wait time? The few places that I'm familiar with are going to take that long...or is it like that everywhere? We also need library preparation services, but can do the bioinformatics including alignment onwards ourselves. I'm in Canada so Canada/US would probably be the easiest.

[Edit] Does anyone have experience with BGI? They may actually be one of the faster options.

Last edited by biznatch; 06-28-2012 at 11:28 AM.
biznatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:45 AM   #2
scbaker
Shawn Baker

You might want to try using BlueSEQ's NGS exchange. You'll get several bids from providers (which can be limited to Canada/US if you want) and then you can pick a winner based on a combination of price and turnaround time.

Just note that your project is pretty small, which may be contributing to the longer wait times that you're hearing about. Providers will have to find another project to pool with yours. Alternatively, maybe someone with a SOLiD (which allows for partial runs) could run your project in a more timely manner. Good luck!
scbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:48 PM   #3
genbio64

We can handle that project for you. Send me a PM and I can arrange the details if you like.
genbio64 is offline   Reply With Quote