No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problems with BBmap/java

hi,
    I am trying to use BBmap to dedupe illumina paired end reads. (tried fastuniq but can't get past the "error in open left file first_read_name" error)
    command line I used:
    dedupe.sh in1= reads1.fq in2= reads2.fq out= outreads.fq

output starts with
    java -Djava.library.path=..../bbmap/jni/
    -ea -Xmx77448m -Xms77448m
    -cp ...../bbmap/current/
    jgi.Dedupe in1= reads1.fq in2= reads.fq
    executing jgi.Dedupe.jgi[list of input vars]

Dedupe version 36.92
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerEception
    at jgi.Dedupe.<init>(Dedupe.java:211)
    at jgi.Dedupe.main(Dedupe.java:86)

it seems that input is assigned to vars as it should, and something is not in the location it is supposed to be found in?
    my java version is up to date, but I should say that I still do not have a good grasp on PATH

Remove the spaces after the equals (=) signs and try again.

Comment

Jeez, would have never suspected that! Don't know if it will run through to the end ok, but it is running! thanks you very much!

Comment

BBmap not finishing

Removing the white space after the equal sign has started BBmap running, but it has been running now (or seems to be at least, there is activity in system monitor) for about 20 hours.
        I had one message right at the start : Set AbsorbContainment to false because it is not currently supported for paired reads.

Is this normal? both the message and the runtime?

Comment

From the manual: "Pair Limitations: Dedupe supports paired reads, but it was not really designed for them. When processing paired reads, some parts of Dedupe are restricted to a single thread due to a complication that causes non-deterministic output. As such, processing paired reads is slower than unpaired reads. Also, pair support is limited to exact matches and overlaps, not containments."

'AbsorbContainments' is enabled by default. You have to disable ('=false') in the command line (which is exactly what the warning instructed you to do).

Comment

Thanks again. I had not found the manual yet.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
              by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
              03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
            • seqadmin
              Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
              by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
              Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
              03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
            0 responses