Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LIMS Systems

I am wondering if anyone can comment on their experiences with LIMS systems provided by GenoLogic or Geospiza? We are working with platforms from AB, Roche, and Illumina, so any experience with either LIMS system relating to any of these platforms would be great. Thanks in advance.

I shall appreciate too some comments on LIMS.
    My understanding is that Geospiza or GenoLogic are not LIMS. They are additionnal pieces directly addressing NextGen data processing only.

They are not providing connection to other kind of instruments (except capillary sequencers) and are not providing sample tracability if not run onto a nextgen sequencer.

But I guess that people using Geospiza for example, may have also access to a LIMS solution in their facility. So, please help us to understand what else is needed.
    Thanxx

Comment

LIMS Systems

Hi DNACowboy,
      These systems are definitely LIMS systems, since they track your samples from the beginning of processing to the end. Geospiza provides secondary analysis tools, but GenoLogic does not provide any secondary data analysis tools-they simply integrate the tools provided for secondary analysis by each instrument manufacturer. We've had presentations from both companies on their systems, but I wondered if any users could give me some details on their experience with either of the systems? We're trying to decide which way to go, so if anyone has any experience with these systems that they would like to share, that would be great. Thanks!

Comment

Obviously they are LIMS for NextGen experiments. But considering the level of investment I rather like my future LIMS to handle more than just the nextgen experiments.

I wish I could find a lims to handle our different core facilities, trace my samples which can go from surgery to bioimaging then to PCR and finally (we hope so too) to the Nextgen lab.

I like the power behind Geospiza package, but that's just for the Nextgen lab.

It must be a company providing an infrastructure (let's call it a LIS), on the top of which I could add Geospiza's or others for our next nextgen sequencing operations.

Comment

Have you considered looking at Ocimum Biosolutions LIMS solutions - Biotracker! Biotracker not only caters to a one type of laboratory but is flexible to suit microarray, Genotyping, sequencing, gene expression, Biobanks and proteomics labs.

Comment

Good afternoon from CT. If you like, I think I can assist you with your needs. Would it be possible to contact you?
            Warm regards,

Comment

Get a decent programmer and make them implement a LIMS for you. Flexibility on that piece of software is crucial.

That remains me, I read something here about an open source LIMS. That's a much needed project. Is there anything in active development out there?
              -drd

Comment

Well, if these Geospiza or GenoLogic LIMS system do not meet your lab data management needs then why not considering Omega 11 an advanced LIMS system developed under guidance of analytical engineers.
                Last edited by khemiasoftware; 06-24-2014, 02:07 AM.
                Khemia Software - A sure shot to increase work efficiency of your lab!
                http://khemia.com/

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                  Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                  by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                  04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                • seqadmin
                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post seqadmin  
                Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                0 responses