SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Sequencing Technologies/Companies > Illumina/Solexa

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bowtie can't read index files anecsulea Bioinformatics 9 02-20-2013 09:31 PM
PubMed: ?-RA: a parallel sparse index for genomic read alignment. Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 01-27-2012 11:01 PM
Index read problem MLog Illumina/Solexa 5 11-28-2011 07:55 AM
tophat/bowtie/cufflinks: restart, continue from interruption ? cs Bioinformatics 1 10-15-2010 05:48 AM
How to quick index the sam record according to the read name? genelab Bioinformatics 3 07-13-2010 03:46 AM

Old 02-19-2011, 07:59 AM   #1
coleen_2

Default Failed Index Read - how to restart?

I have a failed index read on a HiSeq run. I want to put new index read reagents on and go back to the beginning of the index read. However, my run has completed, and the instrument software won't let me choose where to resume the run. Does anyone know a way around this?
coleen_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:50 AM   #2
HESmith

If it's a paired-end read, there's no way to salvage it after read two b/c the index primer anneals to the first strand. If it's a single-end read and you've already removed the flow cell, then you'll have to repeat the sequencing b/c the cluster positions won't align properly to the previous run. Use the rehybridization kit on the cBOT and go from there.

If it's single read and still on the machine, I think you'd need to remove all of the information (from log files, data folders, etc) for the index read, load the reagents, then restart that run. Unlike the GA, the recipe steps are not displayed during the run so it's more difficult to fiddle with the parameters.

Good luck,
Harold
HESmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:57 AM   #3
VStrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by coleen_2 View Post
I have a failed index read on a HiSeq run. I want to put new index read reagents on and go back to the beginning of the index read. However, my run has completed, and the instrument software won't let me choose where to resume the run. Does anyone know a way around this?
You can also email illumina's customer support at TechSupport@illumina.com, they tend to be pretty good with their own systems, or call 800.809.4566.
VStrand is offline   Reply With Quote