SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Sequencing Technologies/Companies > SOLiD

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RNA-Seq data analysis pipeline preet Introductions 14 02-14-2014 12:07 PM
Pipeline for Solid data unique379 RNA Sequencing 0 03-04-2013 06:53 AM
Basic steps in prokaryotic RNAseq data analysis Muhidini Bioinformatics 0 05-09-2012 07:27 AM
RNA-Seq: A Low-Cost Library Construction Protocol and Data Analysis Pipeline for Illu Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 11-01-2011 03:40 AM
SOLiD WT Analysis pipeline Alignment DerSeb SOLiD 0 03-02-2010 06:34 AM

Old 04-17-2013, 03:44 AM   #1
unique379

Post I would like to know basic pipeline for analysis of miRNA from SOLID seq data ?

We have raw data in COLOR space format (.csfasta) and would like to profile and analyze it in order to find known and novel miRNA in sample. Further we are also looking for Diff. expression between two samples.
Any suggestion ???
Actually i am facing problem to handle directly from .csfasta because as per my survey, i know many tools (web serivces/offline tool ) but No one or very few able to handle .csfasta file for analysis of mapping,known,novel and diff exp.

Thanks & looking forward for your valuable input.
unique379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:57 PM   #2
snetmcom

abi had their own tool called RNA2MAP.
snetmcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:40 AM   #3
Milan Radovich

Use Life Tech's LifeScope 2.5 and that will get you the mapping and the count data that you need for subsequent differential expression analysis
Milan Radovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:52 PM   #4
scytale

Quote:
Originally Posted by unique379 View Post
to do so...i got fastq output in decode format cs2bs (without 5' primer T and 3' adapter)...

Now i am trying to align this fastq output with Bowtie with this command line arguments..(what i got from here: http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3775)

bowtie --sam -q -a -n 0 -l 15 -e 99999 -k 200 --chunkmbs 1024 --best...

But i am not sure that i am in right way.....??

could someone suggest me to align this fastq with right option of bowtie in order to get best alignment ?? or is that correct arguments ??
Hi Unique379,

I am confused with your comment regarding getting fastq format in decode format? There are some serious conversion issues if one directly converts color space to base space. Much better if you leave everything in color space, and this means you will have to index the reference in colorspace (using the -C parameter in bowtie-build).

Did you know you can use bowtie to map with existing csfasta + qual data files? Here is an example of a command line we have previously used:

bowtie -C -f --integer-quals -l 21 -n 1 --nomaqround --chunkmbs 256 --best --col-cqual --col-keepends --sam --quals input.qual bowtie_ref_index input.csfasta output.sam

You (and others) might be interested in a new software tool I have developed to help analyse miRNA data. Visit miRspring.victorchang.edu.au for detailed information. The website describes the miRspring document as well as providing some basic information on preparing BAM files.

Good luck! Would be interested to hear your findings when comparing to lifescope output.

D
scytale is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bioinformatics sequencing, mirna-seq, ngs data analysis, solid 5500, solid p2 adapter