No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single Cell analysis for DNA-Seq

Hello everybody,

I will get targeted single cell DNA data in the upcoming days. I have never analysed single cell data, so I searched on this forum and on internet for information, but I haven't been able to find a lot of things for DNA. My goal will be to identify short mutations (already identified by WES and check using PGM).

My question is the following: can we analyse this type of data as it is commonly done for WES, WGS and targeted data (obtained from PGM or MiSeq instruments - without removal of PCR duplicates)?

I would also appreciate other information, like typical alignment rate or average quality,...

Thank you in advance for your help,
    Jane

If you are looking to test whether mutations identified by WES are present in your single cells, you should be able to use standard SNP calling tools, although you might do better by doing a pileup at those locations and setting a threshold. You didn't specify how you are doing the whole genome amplification, but with any method you should expect a fairly high allele dropout rate--cases in which the cell contains a heterozygous mutation that isn't detected. You can test for this by checking what fraction of known heterozygous SNPs are detected by your algorithm.

If you want to identify new mutations that weren't in your WES data, this becomes much more difficult. The main challenge is that there will be thousands of false positives due to errors by the polymerase during amplification.

For metrics like alignment rate, we recently had a review paper that compares the performance of WGA different kits: http://www.annualreviews.org/doi/abs...-090413-025352

Comment

I suggest you use Ampli1 WGA (Menarini Silicon Biosystems) if you are interested in mutation detection on single cells. Several papers report it has an ADO lower than 10%, compared to other WGA >30%.
      PLOS ONE | DOI:10.1371/journal.pone.0171566 February 16, 2017

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
      • seqadmin
        Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
        by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
        Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
        03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
      0 responses