No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clustering RNA seq data

Hello,

I have fpkm values obtained from cufflinks-cuffdiff package.
    I would like to cluster now the data for the diff. expressed genes (as done oftenly in microarrays).
    Any suggestions on how to do the clustering?

Thanks

Have a look at the vignette of our DESeq package, which contains some suggetsions for clustering.

Comment

Thanks a lot!
      My data is in fpkm (after cufflinks and cuffdiff). Is this an appropriate input to DESeq?
      With such values - can I use DESeq to check for differential expression and to cluster the genes?

Comment

No, please don't See the many threads here discussing this.

Comment

OK, thanks a lot.
          Is there any way to go from cufflinks FPKM to DESeq?

Comment

Sample clusteringg of RNA-Seq data

Hi,
            I have 20 samples of RNA-seq data with fpkm values without replicates. I would like to do hierrachical clustering to look how the smaples were clustered. I have come across MBcluster.seq package in R which do the cluster analysis with Count data and in replication situation.
            I am wondering with following questions:
            1. Can I do sample clustering across various samples to loook how they are related?
            2. Is it good way to do clusteing with FPKM values instead of actual reads(Count values)?
            3 Is there any R package which deal with clustering without no replicate situation?

Any ideas is greatly helpful.
            Thank you

Comment

1. Sure. BTW, besides hierarchical clustering, also try PCA or MDS. Especially MDS is often quite helpful.

2. You can try to take the logarithm of the FPKM values and see how far you get with that. It is important that your data is homoskedastic to get good results. To check, plot the variance of the genes across samples against the ranks of their means. You should notice no (or only weak) dependence of variance on mean.

3. There is no need for replicates if all you want to do is clustering.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
              • seqadmin
                Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
              0 responses