SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GATK ReadBackedPhasing short haplotypes gmdouglas Bioinformatics 2 07-12-2012 10:19 AM
Problem with GATK ReadBackedPhasing mschizas Bioinformatics 1 05-26-2012 05:41 AM
Combine 1000genomes bams to get better coverage? ymc Bioinformatics 5 04-29-2012 07:01 PM
Using split/merge .bams for Cufflinks DerSeb Bioinformatics 2 03-15-2012 10:42 AM
TCGA dbgap: where's the bams? Richard Finney Bioinformatics 0 06-13-2011 08:18 AM

Old 03-17-2013, 03:37 PM   #1
FGponce

Default ReadBackedPhasing. How many bams?

Hi, I'm trying to find mutations in Illumina exome sequence using GATK. I'm doing one chr at a time. I have managed to get to a vcf for chr1 that has been PhasedByTransmission but am a bit unsure about how to get the next phasing done.

Specifically ReadBackedPhasing. I'm aware I need to tell it to respect the Transmission phasing but have two questions that are holding me back.

1) My vcf was generated with my Trio alongside about 30 other exomes. Do I need to tell the ReadBackedPhasing to ignore these others/only phase my trio of samples?

2) It says to provide a .bam. Which ones? Just the ones for my Trio with seperate -I entries eg -I sample1.bam -I sample2.bam -i sample3.bam etc or -I sample1.bam samples2.bam sample3.bam OR do I just do one sample at a time (presumably not since I'd end up with three different vcfs wouldn't I?!

Any help appreciated.

FGPonce
FGponce is offline   Reply With Quote