SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Introductions

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Oxford Nanopore to introduce "disruptive technology" at AGBT GW_OK The Pipeline 103 11-06-2012 10:01 AM
Can GAIIx introduce a bias in coverage A on T? vjimenez Illumina/Solexa 3 05-18-2011 04:11 AM
can some one introduce me to next generation sequencing?? chanderbio General 4 08-26-2009 06:36 AM

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 11:55 AM   #61
hdchen

Hi everyone, I am Haodong from UCLA. I'm a second year graduate student.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:42 AM   #62
yclin

Default Hi from yclin

Hi everyone,

Happy to find here.

I'm a grad student in Illinois, US and just start working on RNA-Seq data of Illumina or 454.

Best Regards
Old 01-12-2010, 04:01 AM   #63
Anri

Default Hi from Estonia

I'm Anri, graduate student from Tallinn. Have been working with phage display for some time and now I'm trying to mix it with some Illumina/Solexa in order to get most out of it.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:53 AM   #64
shu

hey all,
was wondering if anyone has worked with the CASAVA1.6 build..??
kinda stuck trying to generate genome studio tracks/inputs from aligned matepair data..
any help is appreciated..
thanks
best
shu
Old 01-24-2010, 04:50 PM   #65
Joe2

Default Yello !

Hi Everyone,

I'm a research assistant (bioinformatics) looking for SNPs. Have you seen them ?

Actually we are currently looking at all our options for setting up a data analysis pipeline for dicovering SNPs (mainly from SOLiD data). We are looking at a number of cancers and hoping to find novel mutations (not in dbSNP) for further investigation. Any help will be appreciated and in a little while I hope i'll be able to give some answers myself....

good to meet you's,

Joe
Old 01-26-2010, 02:00 AM   #66
shu

hey joe,
nice to meet you too and thanks for your reply..We did manage to fire CASAVA .. and we do observe a lot of snps.. Obviously we have to filter out and land on those precious few.. dbsnp-ve somatic snps.. do you use any particular algorithm for SNP validation prior to experimental validation?? I have heard of SIFT..was wondering if there are any better.. SIFT is mainly for exonic snps..
Old 01-26-2010, 02:20 PM   #67
Joe2

Sorry Shu we havnt got any such algorithm working yet. but this is from the SOAPsnp site;

"SOAPsnp uses a method based on Bayes’ theorem (the reverse probability model) to call consensus genotype by carefully considering the data quality, alignment, and recurring experimental errors."

We are also looking at doing some more filtering in MySQL if neccessary.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:39 AM   #68
Vladimir

Good evening, everyone, I'm writing you from EMBL Genomics Core Facility in Heidelberg, Germany, of which I'm in charge. We've got 3 GAIIx, which we like, more or less. We are running pretty much every imaginable application on them and mostly successfully, luckily. However, the devil is in the detail and thus we also have gone thru our share of rather frustrating moments coming from all possible corners of GAIIx space.
Cheers, Vladimir
Old 02-02-2010, 12:10 PM   #69
mkeehan

Gidday,

My name is Mike, I work for LIC, a dairy breeding cooperative in Hamilton, New Zealand. We use sequence data to breed better dairy bulls for pastoral based dairy farmers throughout the world.

"Our mice are large, black and white."
Old 02-02-2010, 12:23 PM   #70
shu

SIFT reaches the ceiling when it comes to het(1/2) called SNPs.. any obivous ways(computational) to get around it??not so obvious ones will be appreciated as well..
Old 02-05-2010, 04:54 PM   #71
hironobu

Hello, everybody,

I am working in Japan. Just I started working with illumina GAIIx for EST and RNA sequencing.

Best wishes!
Old 02-10-2010, 03:18 PM   #72
tatinhawk
Martin

Hi My Name is Martin I'm an Undergrad Student at the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM), I'm a student in the undergrad program of Genomic Sciences . Nowadays I'm working with solexa reads for my research project.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:10 PM   #73
BearClaw

I'm a Research Biologist working at Merck Research Laboratories. I'm pretty new to next-gen sequencing but not new to most of the bench techniques. I've already gotten a couple of good suggestions off this forum! I hope to be able to help in the future as much as I get help now.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:21 AM   #74
Bruins

Hi,

Am undergrad student working at UMC Groningen, the Netherlands. Today is my first day and I'll be using Taverna to set up a pipeline for Genome Analyzer data analysis.

Cheers!
Old 02-27-2010, 06:07 AM   #75
isharon

Hello everyone!

I am a PhD student at the Technion, Israel Institute of Technology. Usually working on metagenomics, but in the coming few months will be working on Solexa data.

Cheers,
Itai
Old 03-01-2010, 09:33 AM   #76
jww

Default greetings from ca

Hi All,
Thanks for this great forum. Found some useful stuff already.
I'm a 4th year grad student at Stanford. Interested in sequencing novel and/or evolved yeast genomes on Illumina...
Best,
jared
Old 03-02-2010, 08:13 AM   #77
mhampton

Hi,
I am a mathematician at the University of Minnesota, Duluth. I will soon help some biologists analyze transcriptome data for the 13-lined ground squirrel, a small mammalian hibernator, using a 454 sequencer. The ground squirrel has a 2X coverage WGS data, I'll be trying to figure out how to leverage that.
-M. Hampton
Old 03-02-2010, 03:56 PM   #78
markz

Hi all,

I'm a research fellow at the Baker Heart institute in Melbourne using the GAIIx to study epigenetics and transcriptomics.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:17 PM   #79
saha

hello i am Saurav. I am a newbie to seqanswers. i was just searching for where to start and found this page. i am basically working on applied biosystem's SOLiD platform. I am new to high throughput sequencing.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:03 AM   #80
Linnea

Default Greetings from Uppsala

Hi!

I am a recently graduated bioinformatician and have just started working as a research engineer. I am trying to de novo assembly transcriptome Solexa sequences but am a newbie to this by all means! This seems to be a great forum though!

Cheers,
Linnéa
Closed Thread