Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Median or Quantile normalization for RNAseq ?

Hi all,
    Can someone explain me in which normaliztion method it is better to use for my data? or, what i should test for figure it?

I have the options of using Median or Quantile normalization.
    My data is from RNAseq (illumina hiseq2000).
    We used amplification kit because we had low amount of rna.(a lot of noise)

Actually, i already tried both..
    In the median normalization i got ~3000 DE genes where in the quantile i got ~300.
    How can i know if the 3000 isn't high rate of FDR?
    Or, maybe the quantile isn't suitable with my data and that is why it isn't find all the DE genes?
    Is there any consensus on which method to use?

Many thanks!

You haven't even told us which method you used for testing for differential expression. How should we then tell you whether your normalization is suitable for it?

Comment

How many samples? How many groups? Number of replicates in each group? DE analytical method/program? Was the normalized data transformed before DE analysis, and if so, how?

It is pretty hard to give a specific answer without some further details of the data set and what you already did with it.
      Michael Black, Ph.D.
      ScitoVation LLC. RTP, N.C.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
        by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
        04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
      • seqadmin
        Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
        by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
        04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, Today, 11:49 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 08:47 AM
      0 responses