SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > RNA Sequencing

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mapping to a transcriptome mikecz Bioinformatics 16 12-23-2012 04:21 AM
Low mapping for genome and transcriptome neethav RNA Sequencing 6 03-09-2012 04:09 AM
Mapping to transcriptome with Bowtie2-beta5 Neuromancer Bioinformatics 0 12-22-2011 02:46 AM
mapping transcriptome reads to assembled ESTs MadraghRua Bioinformatics 0 06-28-2011 08:54 AM
transcriptome mapping with bowtie -- only 22% reads hit IrisZhu Bioinformatics 21 03-05-2011 03:04 PM

Old 04-16-2012, 04:40 PM   #1
atulkakrana

Default Bowtie - Mapping degradome to Transcriptome

Hi All,

I have to use CleaveLand 3.0 for miRNA and target prediction but before I do so I need to map degradome to transcriptome using Bowtie v.2. My problem is that CleaveLand mentions:

"The cleaveland 3 scripts are meant to deal with mappings to the sense strand of transcriptome"

What does it actually means? We have the RNAseq data in our database but my confusion is that in db it matches with '+' and '-' of Rice genome. So is it that I have to use tags which are in '+' orientation and should rev. comp '-' strands before mapping by bowtie?

Or it doesn't matter to which strand in genome the 'tags' from RNAseq matches, it something to do with 'tag' orientation coming from RNAseq?

Expecting help.

AK
atulkakrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:26 AM   #2
giampe

Hi,
I suggest you to try the PAREsnip tool, you can download a workbench version from http://srna-workbench.cmp.uea.ac.uk/tools/paresnip/
for my purpose it works fine!
I have also a question for you: do you have experience in sequencing degradome libraries constructed according German et al 2009?
we have a HiScan platform and we are planning to do a sequencing of degradome library, but we have doubts about which is the primer of sequencing to be used.
thanks
giampe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bowtie, cleaveland, mapping, rnaseq, transcriptome