SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > Sample Prep / Library Generation

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
small RNA sequencing with total RNA less than 100ng seqfan2011 General 0 05-01-2012 01:33 PM
RNA-Seq: Whole-transcriptome RNAseq analysis from minute amount of total RNA. Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 07-09-2011 02:10 AM
initial amount of total RNA or enriched small rna for small rna seq Deli Çoban Sample Prep / Library Generation 4 06-04-2011 03:47 PM
linear amplification of bacterial mRNA generates long molecules greigite RNA Sequencing 1 01-07-2011 01:16 AM

Old 12-04-2012, 11:23 PM   #1
megalodon

Default Amplification of Bacterial total RNA

Hi,

I am looking for an amplification protocol for bacterial RNA that works with very small amounts of RNA (low ng- to pg-range). I need to amplify RNA that was extracted from very small environmental samples to get enough starting material for the preparation of Illumina sequencing libraries.

Has anyone amplified bacterial RNA prior to next-gen library preparation? My understanding is that amplifying bacterial RNA is not straight forward due to the lack of a poly(A) tail. The few kits that I found (e.g. Ambion MessageAmp II - Bacterial Kit) are mostly used for microarray-based whole genome expression profiling and these kits still need a min. of 10ng of RNA for amplification.

What is the best way of turning a very small amount of bacterial RNA into an Illumina library?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a bunch in advance!

Daniela
megalodon is offline   Reply With Quote