SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Sequencing Technologies/Companies > Illumina/Solexa

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
samtools flagstat reports an odd number of reads "with itself and mate mapped" syfo Bioinformatics 0 04-24-2013 03:43 AM
Uniquely mapped reads or multiple mapped reads? taozuo RNA Sequencing 0 06-29-2012 05:50 AM
Rescuing Orphaned reads with local alignment within a radius of mapped mate apratap Bioinformatics 0 06-29-2011 09:46 AM
Paired-end reads mapped 50% while each pair reads mapped 80% zack80.liu Bioinformatics 3 03-03-2011 01:06 AM
Targeted Sequencing - How are you doing sample prep for your targeted sequencing prj? mike lee Sample Prep / Library Generation 0 01-26-2010 07:00 PM

Old 05-24-2013, 12:39 AM   #1
io2oi

Default The ratio of reads whose mate mapped to different chromosome in targeted sequencing

Hello all,

Recently my team sequenced targeted reads of tumor/normal pair, and the ratio of interchromosomal mapped reads looks weird.

Naturally, tumor should have more interchromosomal translocations than normal, so rate can be higher.
But too high level of cross mapping rate could mean that there were some quality control problems in sample prep process.

So I want to use this ratio as one of my QC.
In my case, tumor samples have the range of 5% to 20% cross mapping rate while normals have 0% to 5%.

Could you give me some guidance for this observation?

Thank you.
io2oi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
targeted resequencing