Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 454 FLX+ with amplicons - anyone tried it?

I guess the title says it all - has anyone tried sequencing amplicons on an FLX+ yet? We're looking at trying it in the next month or two and I was wondering whether anyone else had tried it already and had any success.

well, I am waiting for the upgrade, I am so doing it. but the is a bump, ROCHE won't support that very run, as amplicons is not listed as FLX+ application, so in case that something went wrong, there will be no replacement or any sort of support. I guess you can do it anyway. tell me what your results will look like.

Thanks
    Mo

Comment

We have done amplicons on the FLX plus with mixed results. Sequencing works very well on the amplicons containing only one type of amplicon (median readlengths of 600bps even though seem like there are more sequecing errors). However, if you pool amplicons of different size and different loci, it completely stuffs up (Lot more key pass and filter pass failures). Apparently due to high signal intensities. Since, Roche will not support it hard to get much information out from them. Not sure why this happens but would be great to get some feedback from any one who has been able to get it working.

Comment

We've seen the same problem: when mixing amplicons, particularly of different sizes, FLX+ has significant issues. I would note that we routinely pool different sized amplicons on a GS-Jr and don't see any abnormalities in read length or distribution. In the FLX+ runs we've done the reads are either short or scant or both

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
        • seqadmin
          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
        0 responses