SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ChIP-Seq: ChIP-Seq Data Analysis: Identification of Protein-DNA Binding Sites with SI Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 12-02-2011 04:51 AM
ChIP-Seq: Analyzing ChIP-seq Data: Preprocessing, Normalization, Differential Identif Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 12-02-2011 04:51 AM
normalization of ChIP-seq data tanasabogdan Bioinformatics 5 08-22-2011 01:43 PM
ChIP-Seq: The Poisson Margin Test for Normalization-Free Significance Analysis of NGS Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 03-10-2011 02:00 AM
A scaling normalization method for differential expression analysis of RNA-seq data severin Literature Watch 1 09-09-2010 11:09 PM

Old 10-25-2011, 12:16 PM   #1
snape_ar

Default ChIP-Seq Data Analysis and Normalization

I am interested in the data analysis of ChIP-Seq data. I am interested to know how to calculate the following:

1. Log2 Intensity Ratios and what does it mean ? Also, the ratio is between the replicates or between a background and a replicate and how do you calculate the intensity value for each sample?

2. I know how the local regression (lowess) works but why is smoothing needed for ChIP-Seq data. Is it needed to remove the non-specific binding peaks ?

3. What does a genome-wide mean in the ChIP-Seq sample means ?

The questions are based on the Paper that was published in Nature and link of the paper is as follows: http://www.nature.com/nature/journal...ture09725.html.

Any hints or advice will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.
snape_ar is offline   Reply With Quote