Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get library size

Do my libraries look OK? Are they overloaded. How to I get the library size, I cant seem to adjust the upper and lower marker. Attached is the bioanalyzer profile. I called Agilent and they said clean the pins. Everytime I call them its the same answer.

Please help me
    Thanks,

Note: TruSeq Total RNA RiboZero kit was used
    Attached Files

It seems that you are carrying over some impurities in the library. Some of them (the last ones) maybe are sub-fragmented inserts also. Maybe you should make another bead purification and retry to run a chip.

If Agilent tells you to clean the pins, just to be curious, do you made that also? Sometimes happens the same and we clean them with pure water poured in the transparent chip around 30 min before using it, if it is the case, you can prepare another blue matrix, it might be old and is sensible to light.

In the bioanalyzer there is an option to convert time (s) to pb, according to the molecular marker peak. The button is in the view menu.

Your average insert size might be between 200 and 300 pb

http://imgur.com/KL8pfHJ
    Last edited by Ancestro; 05-12-2016, 02:03 PM. Reason: Image

Comment

JL-9.3 WT and FG-9.6 MUT are OK. Other libraries have been over amplified. All samples except JL-9.3 WT have been overloaded.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
        by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
        04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
      • seqadmin
        Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
        by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
        04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
      0 responses